• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

The Boys returns for Season 4 on June 13

Despite all the advantages of the streaming era of TV, I miss when a show ended and you could be reasonably sure the next season would start sometime in late August to early October. You certainly didn’t have to wait 2 years to find out when it was coming back.

Despite all the advantages of the streaming era of TV, I miss when a show ended and you could be reasonably sure the next season would start sometime in late August to early October. You certainly didn’t have to wait 2 years to find out when it was coming back.

e58c6de1-5920-46ba-a837-fc62a7f60f3c_text.gif

Unquestionably the most maddening cliffhanger ever.

Cap, icymi there's a Mr. Plinkett video all about video gaffs in TNG. Maybe not gaffs so much as the creators not envisioning HD illuminating all their shortcuts. Regardless it's good stuff.

Starting my X-Men: The Animated Series rewatch tonight. Lots of people complaining the new series is more Disney wokeness.

499bbce2a1f43abfa66c28108457cc76.jpg

He has said "I like it but there's a lot of filler."
He is excited for the update

I may as well use this thread to jot down my thoughts about my X-Men rewatch. I probably haven't watched this show in 20 years.

I'm like 3 minutes in and this is "woke" as shit. Before we meet a single X-Man, we see Sabertooth fighting with rednecks and cops over a new anchor talking about how the violence fueled anti-mutant sentiment. Then as Jubilee's parents talk about how they registered her with the government, we see a Sentinel coming to get Jubilee. Sentinels are clearly heavy-handed violent cops. That's brought home as the sentinel tracks Jubilee to a mall and a woman grabs a cop and asks him to do something and he says, "What do you want me to do? Arrest him?" The first thing the Sentinel says as he breaks into the mall is "Do not be alarmed. I am here to serve and protect."

As Storm and Rogue are fighting, the Sentinel crashes into the store where Gambit is buying cards and flirting with the sales woman. He shields her from the Sentinel and she screams, "What's that?" Gambit responds, "Don't worry. Your insurance can handle it."

Completely forgot there was a woman president at the beginning of the show. And she called the Sentinels, "experimental robot policemen."

I love how Jubilee's foster parents are portrayed sympathetically. They love her but they're confused and they just trust the authorities to do right by her.

Last edited:
New Invincible drops sometime tonight (maybe) or midnight PST.

Watching the XTAS Season 1 finale. I forgot how many classic episodes were in Season 1. All of them are among the most memorable of the series. Just hit one of my favorite lines of the series.

Trask: You can't make me do this! You were designed to protect humans from mutants!
Master Mold: That is not logical. Mutants ARE human! Therefore humans must be protected from themselves.

The boy and I have been working our way through as well in anticipation of the new eps. His (11 yo) comment last time we watched was, "it's pretty good but there is sooooo much filler."

The new Invincible episode was fantastic. I was literally on the edge of my seat near the end until I realized it.

XMen 97 on Wednesdays and Invincible on Thursdays will be nice for a few weeks.

The new Invincible episode was fantastic. I was literally on the edge of my seat near the end until I realized it.

XMen 97 on Wednesdays and Invincible on Thursdays will be nice for a few weeks.

it was. havent read the source material it was pretty shocking at the end, like damn that happened.

Season 1 was so good that I watched hours of videos summarizing the comics. There are enough differences and stuff I don't remember that it still makes me nervous.

Don't be ashamed to be seen holding a comic, reading them is a MUCH better way to catch up than Youtube summaries. Plus you get to experience the artistry which no youtuber can provide.

You don't even have to buy them, I caught up on Invincible years ago from my local library, long before the animated show (but long after initial release).

Back