• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

For those interested, they have put out a trailer for LOKI Episodes 5 & 6 (combined) titled "YOU WON'T BE-LIE-VE WHAT'S COMING!" that have some pretty expected, but serious spoilers, so I will use spoiler tags:

And for those who really wanna have it all laid out (again, it's spoilery because it analyzes the above trailer, but it's still all conjecture), here is New Rockstars' analysis of the above video:

By the way, apparently meme-peeps are calling Victor Timely "He Who Lo-Meins"....thought that was pretty funny.

The Gen V finale is Thursday night leading into Invincible Season 2.

Gen V is good stuff. They've packed a ton of story and world building into 7 episodes so far.

Also, because I just rewatched some of NR's Loki recaps/analysis/Easter Egg videos, I thought you guys might want to see their other channel called The Deep Dive. It features their main host Erik Voss and he does long-form analyses of all kinds of movies.

He did a Spielberg Summer where he did a lot of Steven Spielberg's biggest hits (Jaws, E.T., the Indiana Jones trilogy, The Goonies and Jurassic Park) and he did some of the Christopher Nolan movies as well. He also does videos where he analyzes Hollywood and how they use certain tactics and methods to invoke certain reactions from audiences (Cutting trailers with footage that isn't in the final film, CGI and the specific use of de-aging or replacing deceased actors/actresses).

It's really a very good channel to just put on when you're bored and scrolling through YouTube.

The Deep Dive

Good article. There's lots to take in. It certainly feels like the Marvel problem is the Disney problem. They're pushing too much content that doesn't match the quality we're used to.

Important context for the discussion about Ant-Man 3 as a disappointment vs. GOTG 3 as a success. Ant-Man 3 made only about $2M less than Ant-Man 2 in North America. But it made $160M less worldwide. By comparison, GOTG 3 made about $4M less than GOTG 2 in North American but made about $24M less worldwide.

So the difference isn't domestic audiences, it's the international audience and both underperformed the prior film.

It was a poor decision to make a TV show so heavily dependent on special effects. Save She-Hulk for the movies or switch up the story so she's not hulked up almost the entire show. I would have been fine casting two different actresses to play She-Hulk but I'm sure most fans wouldn't have been. Winning Time managed to cast a 6-1 dude to play Magic Johnson. They could have cast a tall actress to play She-Hulk.

It lost me, but at the same time it may have been my favorite thing in phase 4, or 5, or whatever/whenever we’re in now. So yeah, Loki.

Echo trailer dropped.

First two episodes were screened at a Choctaw Day celebration in Oklahoma.

I’m through 3 episodes of season 3 of The Witcher and am about to bail. I thought they had found some footing in season 2, but 3 is more confusing than season 1. They just do a horrible job developing characters and pacing the plot. I’m sure there is a really cool story in there somewhere, but with Cavill leaving the show, I just can’t imagine it’s going to get better.

First episode of Invincible S2 kept it ROLLING. I’m really excited for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I got really confused during the first episode. Partly the structure but I also forgot a lot about S1, need to find a better recap to watch.

Make sure you watch the Atom Eve special episode that aired a few months ago.

I think that Ph not excitingly talking about the new Marvel movie and the current reviews pretty much solidify the majority of what Marvel is doing these days sucks.
There hasn't been a whole lot of hype for it. The actors strike just ended. I probably won't be able to watch it until Monday anyway.

I've seen some good reviews and some mid reviews. Seems like it will be a solid movie.

Marvel really missed the boat by not doing a Phase 4 Avengers film to put all the pieces together and indicate where all these characters are headed. The MCU went from events to content and fans are treating it as such. Same thing that's happened with Disney, Pixar, and Star Wars. I don't think the quality has dropped as much as people claim (except for VFX). People are being much more picky about when they go to the theater. Part of that is because Disney chose to prioritize streaming which put them in a much more crowded marketplace that movie theaters.

Helluva back half of the week last week:
Lower Decks finale
Gen V finale
Penultimate Loki
Invincible premier

All very satisfying.

My #1 go-to reviewer (Dan Murrell) called The Marvels "an unmitigated disaster". He's my go-to guy because I tend to have about 90% correlation with him and, despite how bombastic that phrase may sound, he's usually rather subdued with criticism, he's not one of these bearded hot-take guys lamenting the lack of white guys. We'll see, I expect to be a first weekend attendee.

Back