• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Just heard that in the LOKI finale, the very last words spoken by Loki (I mentioned this in my immediate Finale comments previously, but this line): "I know what I want. I know what kind of god I need to be.....for you.....for all of us." which was from the very first Thor film, when Loki is dangling off the Bi-Frost and Odin is holding on to him: "I could have done it father....for you.....for all of us.", that was improvised by Tom Hiddleston for the Finale.

The producers/writers say he is the #1 Loki historian from the movies/films and they actually went to him with questions about the character.

There are also rumors that the writing/executive producer team from Season 2 of LOKI may be the ones to take over for Destin Daniel Cretton on Kang Dynasty (if it's still happening). I think that would be a good idea seeing as how they know a lot about the character in general.

On the one hand, I'd be super disappointed if they pivoted away from Kang. He is a phenomenal villain and one of my all time favorites in the pantheon of Marvel villains.

That said, the way he's been used has been pretty abysmal. This whole multiverse saga just hasn't been done well and I'd love to for them to shift away from Kang for now and hopefully come back to him later.

Ditching the character because of the actor is just poor form. Cast someone else in the role, sharpen the story, and move ahead.

Exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I am by no means a Comics guy, but wasn't Kang not even all of the characters he was (Pharaoh Rama-Tut, Scarlet Senturion, Iron Lad (?), etc) until Marvel retconned his character to be all one in the same person?

Exactly. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I am by no means a Comics guy, but wasn't Kang not even all of the characters he was (Pharaoh Rama-Tut, Scarlet Senturion, Iron Lad (?), etc) until Marvel retconned his character to be all one in the same person?

Kang claimed to be Rama Tut from his first appearance as Kang. Immortus was a later but still early retcon. Iron Lad is a much later addition.

Ditching the character because of the actor is just poor form. Cast someone else in the role, sharpen the story, and move ahead.
I don't disagree, but making a pivot allows you to use Kang later with less negative repercussions.

Finished "Blue Eye Samurai" weeks ago, but I keep thinking about it and the more I do the more surprised I'd be if it doesn't win animated series of the year. The voices are great (uber-nerds will recognize Hiro from Heroes, Sulu from Star Trek, and Scorpion from the original Mortal Kombat franchise). Kenneth Branagh's voice is flat out haunting in his role. I'm a huge fan of the animation, especially in The Castle episode (you'll know when you get there). If you're still on the fence, it has writers from Logan and Bladerunner. The last 3 or 4 episodes are great, but don't let that take away from the first 6 or 7 because because honestly it goes 100mph right out the gate and just finishes at about 200.

Last edited:
Invincible season 2 has been a little disjointed. It's still very good, but now I kind of wish I was saving it for a binge rather than watching it week to week. It's hopping around all over the place. Every week I think "that was a really good episode" and then it introduces something completely new. I'm excited to hopefully see it all come together in the second half.

I’ve watched a bunch of videos summarizing character arcs from the comics and the whole story is disjointed. They’ve got a lot of ground to cover. Splitting up a season 2 of set up episodes is a bad strategy for this show especially after a long absence.

Good to know re: invincible. I keep trying to start watching but put it off. I'll wait until they are all out.

Season 1 was one cohesive story centered around two main characters, Invincible and Omni-Man. Then I watch those summary videos and realize characters they've focused on this season like Atom Eve, Angstrom Levy, and Allen the Alien have really complicated stories throughout the comic. Characters like Debbie and Donald deserve time as well. I'm unsure how they'll pull it off, but I'm sure it will be very good.

I didn't even realize they are taking a hiatus before the second half airs. The end of the last episode certainly didn't seem like a stopping point. Even if you trim it down to the story lines introduced in the first 4 episodes, there is simply no way they wrap up even half of them in just 4 more episodes. This is going to be a looooooooong process.

Last edited:
I think the plan is for this show to go on for a loooooooong time. These episodes set up the most important characters and story arcs going forward after season 1 established the foundation of the series.

Finished "Blue Eye Samurai" weeks ago, but I keep thinking about it and the more I do the more surprised I'd be if it doesn't win animated series of the year. The voices are great (uber-nerds will recognize Hiro from Heroes, Sulu from Star Trek, and Scorpion from the original Mortal Kombat franchise). Kenneth Branagh's voice is flat out haunting in his role. I'm a huge fan of the animation, especially in The Castle episode (you'll know when you get there). If you're still on the fence, it has writers from Logan and Bladerunner. The last 3 or 4 episodes are great, but don't let that take away from the first 6 or 7 because because honestly it goes 100mph right out the gate and just finishes at about 200.
This post is quite the endorsement, I was going to pass on Blue Eye Samurai but you've made a compelling pitch and I'm going to check it out. Also in the cast, Mrs. Macauley Culkin, a couple that has as great a hotness disparity as there is in Hollywood (even if he is in Milwaukee filming Youtube vids with Red Letter Media these days).

Other updates:
Blue Beetle - it's a'ight. Oddly I liked the non-superhero stuff more. Why oh why in 2023 do these movies still ever follow the "the hero but bad" trope of having a villain that has the same abilities as the hero? Susan Sarandon is better in her son's Instagram vids, what a waste.

Now up to date on Invincible, including Atom Eve. Yeah Kirkman sets up to go long, that's how he rolls (see various Walking Dead series).

I saw an all-time clunker - Justice League: Warworld. When I saw it added to Max I was optimistic, DC has a lot of good animated movies on the shelf. Not this one. I'm talking 1/10. It doesn't look like it's based on a prior DC comics series so I honestly think they were trying to get some Dollar General "Secret Wars" out there for whatever reason.

Back