• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

You can tell who stayed for the Deadpool post-credits scene...

Oh and to clarify, I was referring to the FF movies that tended to create a chorus of "sell the rights back to Marvel" in the comments of any article I read about that flick. I'm with you folks that are a-ok with Fox keeping the X properties, if for no other reason than to make sure AvX never gets made into a movie.

House of M was a pretty awesome Avengers/X-Men crossover. But that's really about it as far as X-Men in the greater Marvel Universe that is really that memorable.

Just read a rumor that Fox now wants to make the final Wolverine film with Jackman a hard-R rated movie.

Just read a rumor that Fox now wants to make the final Wolverine film with Jackman a hard-R rated movie.

I'll never forgive Fox for depriving us of Aronofsky's hard-R rated "The Wolverine". That would have been so damn good.

12742408_1225024020860621_6817696072762783412_n.jpg

Apparently Stephen Lang (Avatar) has been lobbying to play Cable in Deadpool 2. Pretty good choice in my opinion. Hard to believe dude is 63.

House of M was a pretty awesome Avengers/X-Men crossover. But that's really about it as far as X-Men in the greater Marvel Universe that is really that memorable.

AvX was another one. But you'd have to do Phoenix first.

I really don't want to see Marvel Studios tackle X-Men. I'd like to see another animated series, but they won't do that as long as the movies/TV are with FOX. Between FOX and the MCU we are getting a lot of quality films. No need to consolidate. And now FOX is going R which the MCU won't do. Actually, I hope Deadpool's success encourages Marvel and WB to go PG. For example, a PG Shazam movie could be very well done. I keep hearing people talk about the Runaways as a good Marvel property that could go PG.

I couldn't remember if he said Cable would be in Deadpool 2, or just if Cable was coming. Either way, I guess he mentioned that they haven't even cast him (or her lol) yet. So that means my guess that Cable was going to be introduced by stopping Apocalypse is wrong. Which means Sinister probably isn't going to be watching on menacingly in an after the credits scene following Cable's debut. Man, I had such big plans for this.

I haven't been following the articles or rumors on where they're taking the Deadpool universe, but I'd be pretty bummed if Cable was relegated to a depleted X Men universe.

He said Cable would be in the sequel.

I don't know what to expect about X-Men: Apocalypse. It doesn't look that great, but I like that it's a larger movie than just Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto or at least I hope it is.

He said Cable would be in the sequel.

I don't know what to expect about X-Men: Apocalypse. It doesn't look that great, but I like that it's a larger movie than just Xavier, Mystique, and Magneto or at least I hope it is.

It bothers me most that it still seems like they're just using Jennifer Lawrence's star power as Mystique, who shouldn't really be as much of a main character as she seems to be. Hopefully they just overdid it in the previews to get butts in the seats.

I think it's the last film in her contract so I doubt they are overdoing it. Her star power has hurt the films somewhat. Could say the same about Jackman.

CBM: Deadpool is the biggest opening R-rated film of all-time (spoilers)

Nice work on Agent Carter using the Dottie Underwood character. The contrast in her interactions with Peggy, Jarvis, Thompson, Vernon, and then Frost were well done. Stunning to see Dottie scarred shitless.

Ana Jarvjs was used well in these two eps as well. Should have figured there was a reason.

Last edited:
You guys realize Omar Sy played Cable was in Days of Future's Past right?

I thought it was weird not to cast Daniel Cudmore as Colossus in Deadpool, but it looks like they were going for a different take on the character. Since the Deadpool IMDB says 'voice' im guessing we never see a non-metal colossus in the movie. I liked Singer/Cudmore's version of the character, even though they never gave him very much to do.

Doesn't seem like Fox really cares about making a cohesive universe at this point, although it would seem like with the combined success of Singer X-Men and Deadpool, it would be more lucrative to do so.

Lots of speculation about how they will capitalize on the Deadpool success. If they chose X-Force, would be interesting how much of the Singer universe they wanted to use in that.

Going to see Deadpool tonight, finally.

I really liked The Flash again last night, though I got some pretty big ol eye rolls in.

Back