• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I thought it was mediocre as well, but I thought Hawkman sucked out loud.

Here's what bothered me about Hawkman and Dr. Fate. The film established that they had this long relationship as part of the Justice Society of America. They were breaking in two young heroes, Atom Smasher and Cyclone. OK.

So who else was in the Justice Society of America? There's this huge threat and this "society" is two "I'm too old for this shit" heroes and two rookies?

TBH, my bar to surpass for Hawkman was the dude in the Legends of Tomorrow which, to me, was the worst regular character in the Arrowverse. So that's sort of like saying "Well he's not redacted" in the early days of Manning.

DC absolutely botched their lore. Wonder Woman was unknown to the world's greatest detective and to an investigative reporter in BvS but in WW84 she was stopping robbers in broad daylight. I could go on.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to James Gunn cleaning stuff like this up.

I think I've watched the entire Arrowverse except for the first season of Legends of Tomorrow.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will be removed from the HBO Max streaming service on January 31, 2023.

Hopefully the AntMan movie is good. Last couple few Marvels have missed the mark for me (Black Panther 2, Love and Thunder, etc.). They need a bounce back.

LaT was a step down, largely bc ragnarok was so good. Much increased expectations and all that. Still the 2nd best Thor movie.

Completely disagree about BP2. That was really well done considering what it needed to accomplish after CB died.

Its just disjointed and complex, in comparison to the original phases which were pretty straight forward.

Hopefully the AntMan movie is good. Last couple few Marvels have missed the mark for me (Black Panther 2, Love and Thunder, etc.). They need a bounce back.
So many of these plots can be broken down into, a really smart person does something dumb that comes back to bite them, and now they have to fix it.

Its just disjointed and complex, in comparison to the original phases which were pretty straight forward.

Laying the ground work for future phases. Putting the pieces in place. For example, young heroes, mutants, and powerful objects with cosmic origins.

LaT was a step down, largely bc ragnarok was so good. Much increased expectations and all that. Still the 2nd best Thor movie.

Completely disagree about BP2. That was really well done considering what it needed to accomplish after CB died.
Tend to agree with this analysis

Coogler’s description of the original BP2 script looked really good. It would have been T’Challa dealing with his 5 year absence much like it seems Scott will be doing in AMQ.

Sunday is the 20th anniversary of Invincible #1. The Invincible twitter account seems to be teasing that the Invincible Season 2 release date will drop tomorrow morning.

Don't get many opportunities for NBA X Comic Book Media threat crossovers, so here we go:

Most of them aren't that great but here are a few that look good.

DC Comics Two-Face X Detroit Pistons

DC Comics The Flash X Phoenix Suns

DC Comics The Joker X Charlotte Hornets

Forgot to follow up on that because it was so disappointing. Still a long way to go and no footage from the new season.

Gunn and Sarfan announce the new DC slate of projects. Five films and five shows.

Superman: Legacy

This is the only project with a release date: July 11, 2025. Written by Gunn, Superman: Legacy will follow Kal-El as he reconciles his extraterrestrial origins with his human family and upbringing. It sounds like a reboot of 2013’s Man of Steel (directed by Zack Snyder) with one important proviso: Henry Cavill is not coming back as Superman. So expect a lot of anticipation and hype as Gunn gets close to finding his lead.

There's plenty of other news as well.

Back