• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CFB 10/8 Thread

TheShot

Reaction score
Apart from the Deacs:

feels like a slightly underwhelming day, but those sometimes produce the wildest outcomes.

UT-OU at noon - think Texas keeps this close
UF-LSU ar 3:30 - good luck to the gators
Arkansas-Auburn this evening
OSU-Nebraska in the conference nobody cares about
PSU-Iowa - yawn
Bama scrimmage at Vandy tonight

So apparently if it doesn't happen in the Big 10 or SEC, it's underwhelming to you.

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch WVU vs UCONN

Kind of how I feel about Alabama/Vandy and Penn State/Iowa.

Aside from that, I think Air Force/Notre Dame is a big "prove it" game for both teams, Missouri-K-State is interesting, Michigan at Northwestern suddenly looks interesting after how NW did at Illinois, and Texas Tech-Texas A&M is a good chance to see if each team's start is misleading or not.

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch WVU vs UCONN

You should be watching. You'd enjoy it. WVU looking terrible on offense.

Probably be more offense in the first quarter of Penn State-Iowa. OK maybe not.

Louisville/UNC 0-0 at halftime.

I think that might be a women's soccer score.

Turned to the OU-Texas game during the Wake timeout. OU up 27-3 after an INT return. Always nice to see the Whorns get worked.

O'Brien pulled as starter for MD. I'd still take Tanner over him.

If you showed me the GT-Maryland clips before the season started and asked me who GT was playing, I would have guessed lots of teams before Maryland. Jerseys are whack.

Now 40(soon to be 41) to 10 in favor of OU. LOL

Texas is probably the most overrated team in the top 25, but OU's defense is freaking good.

Louisville/UNC 0-0 at halftime.

I think that might be a women's soccer score.

UNC up 7-0 in the 4th. I guess the fact that Louisville's OC abruptly resigned yesterday is having an effect on Louisville's offense.

Wait, so the entire landscape of college athletics is getting turned upside down because of a network that's going to broadcast THIS team?!?!?

On the other hand, if it meant I got to see Texas lose like this more regularly, I might consider a Longhorn Network subscription myself.

Huge play in the WVU game. UConn deep in WVU territory fumbles when yet another QB is too stupid to slide (there was a UConn penalty anyway), ball pops right to a middle linebacker who runs it to the UConn 13.

EDIT: 2 plays for a WVU touchdown to Tavon Austin. Believe that's 9 straight games with a score for Austin.

Last edited:
3 and out, 84 yard TD pass Smith to Stedman Bailey. 24-9. 4 straight games over 100 yards receiving for Bailey, extending his WVU record. He has half the 100 yard receiving games in the Big East this year.

And just that quickly, this game is on the edge of being over.

EDIT: Geno Smith over 300 yards passing in the 3rd quarter of what has really not been a smooth offensive game at all.

Holgorsen is an amazing offensive coach.

Last edited:
Back