• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston

Yeah, I have enjoyed Hall's as well, but that review is disconcerting. If true, Billy Hall is a dick.

Like I said, there are many others out there like it.

The best tasting thing in Charleston (and the world) is the sushi/oyster appetizer at Cypress.
From the list Biff sent out, I would avoid Indaco...been there twice...mediocre food (for Charleston standards) and poor service....I hear a reasonable amount of griping from locals about indaco as well.

Had probably the best Italian meal of my life at Indaco when we were there in February, and service was great. Maybe just a good night.

The Chick Fli A on Dorchester gets 4.5 stars on Yelp, so does the Chipotle. Cook out on University only gets 4 stars.

I hit up the Chick-fil-A in Summerville and the Cookout by Charleston Southern just this past weekend. Sublime.

Looking at picking up these accessories for the Yeti so I can sit on the beach over Memorial Day in style.

yeti-cooler-accessories.jpg

Moonz, read the other charleston thread and listen to what leftcoast and I say

McCrady's
F.I.G
Husk
Edmund's Oast
Obstinate Daughter
Leon's Chicken and Oysters
Cypress

It's embarrassing to admit this will be my first time there.

Love the biff tags

There is a Cracker Barrel in Mt Pleasant and North Charleston.

Take your pick!!!!

Just ate at Obstinate Daughter. Gnocchi was delicious.

Here's yelp a review of halls from just a few days ago. Now, it's in there with tons of five-star reviews, but you can find reviews of Halls like this one everywhere. Apparently the owner greets you at the door, flatters you and your party, and as long as you behave exactly as he expects and stroke his ego as you leave, you're still awesome. But otherwise, you're pond scum.

These are pretty funny as well:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/halls-chophouse/Location?oid=1144615

Also in terms of restaurants agree with most of what has been said here. My personal faves are FIG, Grill 225, Obstinate Daughter, and Lucca just to name a few. Another solid Italian place is Wild Olive if you are willing to go to John's Island. Also a fan of The Grocery downtown.

Back