• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 3 early 5 plama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they kind of bring it upon themselves, small fan base and their interaction with said fan base.

They are paid through engagements and clicks. I think they interact with us about as well as any beat writer does with fan bases across the board.

I am so tired today. Drank three nights straight Thursday-Saturday for the first time in probably 2 years (all social engagements!) and thought I was in the clear yesterday... but nope, delayed hangover.

Guess it could also be the popcorn and candy I had for dinner at the movie theater last night

I said it there too, but there are some serious assholes on the boards, especially when it comes to personal attacks on Cam and Les.

You don't have to even read what they write. Do I agree with everything they say? No, and I also know that they work with the AD/SID a good bit, so I take that into account while reading/watching. To call out their integrity because you're angry about how we looked on Saturday is just a total dick move.
can you cliffnotes - i don't check the sports board often

I said it there too, but there are some serious assholes on the boards, especially when it comes to personal attacks on Cam and Les.

You don't have to even read what they write. Do I agree with everything they say? No, and I also know that they work with the AD/SID a good bit, so I take that into account while reading/watching. To call out their integrity because you're angry about how we looked on Saturday is just a total dick move.
Yes, I agree and I appreciate that Wake has dedicated media members, but they also need to have a little thicker skin. This is probably one of the tamest fan bases in college athletics, they can't take all the tweets so seriously. Cam needs to work on his delivery, he is not John Madden reincarnated; our observations are just as valuable as his. Les also took that comment a little too personally, instead of saying, hey he [mitch] looked good in spring and fall, but I guess games are different, he took it as a personal attack on his integrity. If they are getting this riled up by Wake Twitter, then they would be eaten alive by any other fan base.

Cam and Les do a fine job reporting what they see and hear, especially in practice. But they aren't experts on football or basketball.

And neither am I.

after you've had brown butter desserts you wonder why any cookie/cake/etc recipe calls for butter that isn't brown
makes a big difference in things that are butter heavy like shortbread cookies. Another favorite I've done is brown butter rice krispie treats

Other desserts you can't really taste the difference so not worth the effort/time.

I don't have an issue with most of the criticisms being thrown around. If you're going to get into the mud then don't be surprised when you get some shit on you.

DR crossed the line pretty blatantly, but the only songs on his setlist are on-campus arena, Wes Miller, calling everyone else stupid and poor, pretending to be friends with Brooks Koepka, and pretending he was Johnny fucking Appleseed or some shit before going to Wake. So pretty on-brand there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back