• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504 (Annotated): Today is...where your chat begins. The rest is still unwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, take that advice if you wanna die I guess

lol. on top of all this is that she is gonna be hanging out with her friends at book club and drinking wine after the game all night while I'm solo-parenting dinner/bed routine.

damn this wife thing sounds like a bad deal
It all works out in the end usually! I'll be gone for 3 days in February for a work trip (that I really don't want to go on TBH), so I've got to build up some parenting capital anyway.

I'd probably be a lot more chill about this BBall game if 3-day weekend + now sick toddler didn't equal 5 straight days watching him (and trying to do work on top of it). It's been a long couple of days.

My wife has taken on teaching a class online from 10-11:30 whilst staying home with our 5 month old child. It started this week and is going basically as you would expect it to. Lots of crying, yelling, and loudness from the kiddo, and a lot of feeling bad from my wife.

I'm doing my best to assure her that the baby is fine and she's basically Ferber sleep training her anyway since she's checking in every 10 mins or so. That's not going well though for her mental state. Hoping it will get better in the next few weeks.

It all works out in the end usually! I'll be gone for 3 days in February for a work trip (that I really don't want to go on TBH), so I've got to build up some parenting capital anyway.

I'd probably be a lot more chill about this BBall game if 3-day weekend + now sick toddler didn't equal 5 straight days watching him (and trying to do work on top of it). It's been a long couple of days.
yeah it's tough. I hear you on that.

What about the students ? How are they taking it ?

What about the students ? How are they taking it ?
The baby is in the furthest room away from where she is. Baby goes in pack and play with tv on and white noise machine, my wife has the monitor in the room she's teaching.

Apparently they can't hear her, but I'll tell ya what, I can hear her outside when I'm taking my dog outside at night, so that's something.

it's pretty sweet when young kids aren't mobile. was nice having him at the infant stage during spring/summer of 2020 when daycare was closed.

Sad to have missed the turntable discussion on the last CT....p-cool that tsy is a vinyl collector. That dude never ceases to be interesting.

I've got 2 turntables - an Audio Technica (AT-LP60) in the living room that gets played the most. Thing is kind of bomb proof and just works. Highly recommend for someone looking to get into vinyl. It's set up with a yamaha receiver and pioneer studio monitors. In my office/bonus room I have a Denon DP-300F with an upgraded Ortofon 2M cartridge. That turntable also routes to a yamaha receiver and klipsch floor speakers. That system absolutely rocks, though it's total overkill.

it's pretty sweet when young kids aren't mobile. was nice having him at the infant stage during spring/summer of 2020 when daycare was closed.
Yeah the issue we're having (that everybody in America is having???) is that taking the baby to daycare is more expensive than money she would bring in teaching.

But she really wants to at least do something during the day, even if it's just an hour or two, and it's pretty decent supplemental income for a part-time job, so we're trying to get by this way.

Not a great long-term solution though.

Sad to have missed the turntable discussion on the last CT....p-cool that tsy is a vinyl collector. That dude never ceases to be interesting.

I've got 2 turntables - an Audio Technica (AT-LP60) in the living room that gets played the most. Thing is kind of bomb proof and just works. Highly recommend for someone looking to get into vinyl. It's set up with a yamaha receiver and pioneer studio monitors. In my office/bonus room I have a Denon DP-300F with an upgraded Ortofon 2M cartridge. That turntable also routes to a yamaha receiver and klipsch floor speakers. That system absolutely rocks, though it's total overkill.
I've been wanting to get a turntable. What are the odds that my old albums are still playable? They mostly date to the '80s and '90s (probably just the '80s if I am being honest) and are stored vertically in a box in my attic...

I've been wanting to get a turntable. What are the odds that my old albums are still playable? They mostly date to the '80s and '90s (probably just the '80s if I am being honest) and are stored vertically in a box in my attic...
get a SpinClean off Amazon and give them a clean. You'll be astounded by the amount of grime in there.

But if it gets really hot in your attic they might be too warped to play.

i've dodged cold/flu symptoms so far but defs seems like something might've gone around at the wedding-- most of the bridesmaids are sick, as is my mom :(

everyone's tested negative for covid so guess it's just flu but yeah. sorry lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back