• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, unless you're prepared to do a TON of self-directed learning and building things yourself (you'll need something to demonstrate your skills), most straightforward path is probably a reputable bootcamp of some sort (flatiron on the upper end is the only one I can name off top of my head), but you'll still have to hustle and grind and maybe job hop a few times to work your way up into a respectable position that you actually like (feels like there is a lot of wariness around bootcampers or at least they don't get any benefit of a doubt during hiring unless they've already been in a role or two)
Friend in my neighborhood did this, did the boot camps and self directed classes for like 2 years, got a job coding for Amazon in Boston that paid for the move, moved to Boston and then lost her job 5 months later with the massive tech layoffs this past spring.

I do wonder why KP hasn't done a women's college bball page. I know he gets paid probably decent money from coaches/schools to send them way more in-depth stuff, and women's CBB probably wouldn't have that same financial advantage, but still would be easy enough to use the same formula and have a page for it.

I'm pretty sure he also ranks men's and women's curling (not a joke). So I can't think of a reason why he'd avoid women's hoops.

I’m listening to shark tank style pitches from diagnostic companies. The max I can offer is $400,000 and I can’t take equity in any company, but I feel very powerful today.

We are using a relatively new startup to help automate a bunch of our workflows/cut down time in quoting, and I'm the point person in dealing with the company. This guy looks exactly like what I would expect a CEO of this company to look like.

We are using a relatively new startup to help automate a bunch of our workflows/cut down time in quoting, and I'm the point person in dealing with the company. This guy looks exactly like what I would expect a CEO of this company to look like.

He's growing my seed if you know what i mean

talking about a starting QB on a football thread or a game thread is great

bringing it up all the time on lots of different threads can be annoying and deserves some ball busting
Supermeh. This is the first time I ever remember people on these boards feeling any kind of way about talking about Wake sports outside of confined threads. Don't act like Timmy is the only one to have broken some sacred unwritten rule.

I just assume YB will never be an equal citizen in Utah because he isn’t Mormon. You lost out on $10,000 because for some unexplainable reason you don’t believe the garden of Eden was In Missouri.

Friend in my neighborhood did this, did the boot camps and self directed classes for like 2 years, got a job coding for Amazon in Boston that paid for the move, moved to Boston and then lost her job 5 months later with the massive tech layoffs this past spring.
yep, this year has been brutal

i've been on the interviewing panel for a role we're backfilling for and there are lots of folks in this exact same situation

i'd almost push the advice you're maybe better off taking a job with a smaller shop/company (that seems stable!) if possible because you'll probably get to (need to) do more stuff and make yourself more valuable + if you get laid off you'll have hopefully learned more, i know some folks who did not have good experiences at amazon especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back