• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is showing the pickleball national championships (doubles). One of the guys playing is regarded as the best pickleball player of all time according to the internet. I don’t really get it. He doesn’t really look like anything special. Maybe I need to get into this.
pickleball is an awful spectator sport

1. The sport requires very little real athleticism
2. Those guys are still probably playing at a much much higher level than you'd think from watching on a TV

Oh I’m sure there’s plenty that’s lost in translation in watching on TV. Clearly the pace is very fast. Obviously you need very good hand/eye coordination and the ability to hit a lot of different types of shots and angles. This guy just didn’t look like he was doing anything your average top level recreational tennis player couldn’t do.

Is there a rating system for players like tennis? Or how do you determine someone’s relative ability level?
yes, 3.0 to 5.0 with 0.5 intervals (sometimes you'll see 0.25 intervals) is roughly the rating range for rec players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back