• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 69-ing. pitcest??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashionista

Reaction score
winnerrrrrr!!!!

honey_boo_boo4.gif

Last edited:
didn't realize we were on 69

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

a friend of mine emailed this resume to our listserve. this dude couldnt hack it with the skins and recently applied for a job with his company:

Summary

A business professional with extensive experience in exceeding expectation by delivering winning results through a variety of skills in various business settings. Specialty skills include the ability to strategically think through the use of excellent analytical skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse audience at all levels of an organization, and the ability to perform as an individual as well as a team player. A reputation for driving strategies and tactics that optimize business efficiencies and effectiveness.

- Results Oriented

- Leadership

- People Management

- Project Coordination

- Process Improvement

- Persuasion

Professional Experience

National Football League

Washington, D.C.

2011 - 2012

Football Player, Washington Redskins

Responsible for executing strategies and tactics as an individual and as a team player.

Delivered excellent time management skills daily to stay on track with rigorous schedule.

Demonstrated strategic thinking by taking real time data and executing appropriate plays.

Able to adapt and demonstrate quick learning skills in the moment as an individual and in the team setting.

Lead others on and off the field with excellent communications skills.

Recognized by others for adaptability and ability to work under pressure.

Old Navy

Springfield, VA

Sales Associate

Responsible for delivering outstanding sales and customer service for a major retailer.

Demonstrated consistently key sales and marketing skills.

Performed Project Management tasks on a daily basis.

Presented to others using strong verbal and personal communication and persuasion skills.

2010 - 2011

Intern – Physical Conditioning / Training

Responsible for developing strategies and inspiring others to use those strategies for personal fitness.

Directed others through strong verbal and personal communication skills.

Consistently demonstrated key business skills including decision making, critical thinking, organizing and planning.

Performed with a high level of energy, self motivation and initiative,

Recognized for key management skills including influencing, leading and negotiating.

Known for having the ability to motivate others.

2008 - 2009

Landscaper

Responsible for daily and weekly maintenance of a major outdoor facility.

Demonstrated the ability to meet tight deadlines.

Known for accuracy of work and attention to details.

Performed daily and consistently in a variety of environments.

Law Firm

Washington, D.C.

Paid Intern

Responsible for a variety of office related tasks to support the overall company’s efforts.

Mastered a variety of word processing, presentation, time and billing, and practice-related software applications.

Demonstrated the ability to juggle competing priorities.

Mastered communications technology including e-mails, voice messaging systems, videoconferencing and related technologies.

Education

Bachelor of Science – Sports Management 2010

Community

Uno Chicago Grill: Super Bowl Skins Extravaganza

Special guest host and waiter at the Uno Chicago Grill Washington Redskins Super Bowl Extravaganza. In return for my services, Uno Chicago Grill of Bowie donated a portion of the Super Bowl Extravaganza event sales to a foundation of my choice, Positive Choices, Inc.

The Redskins Charitable Foundation Coat Drive

Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation annual “Covered for the Holidays” event that donated 300 coats, gloves and hats to underserved kids from the Washington, D.C. Metro Area.

The Skins Santa Shoppe at FedEx Field

Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and the U.S. Marine Corps annual Skins Santa Shoppe that provides 1,100 youth in need with a toy during the holiday season.

emphasis mine

this guy on my rec league bball team played for the cowboys. he sent me his resume for networking, and it is funny to see NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE as one of his employers and Linebacker as his title

In a similar light, had a silver medalist Olympian apply for an internship with my old agency. He at least got an interview but nothing further.

Over lunch conversation with tuffalo, I realized I was on the same bowling team as an Olympian.

this guy on my rec league bball team played for the cowboys. he sent me his resume for networking, and it is funny to see NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE as one of his employers and Linebacker as his title

That reminds me of the scene from "The Pacific" where he's in the gym at a college/job fair and they ask what skills he learned in the Marine Corps and he responds with "killing Japs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back