• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 77: It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to enjoy working in an all-female work environment. I'm watching gossip shows (Revenge, Scandal) to keep up with the lunch convos, and they were impressed with my Kate Middleton scoop yesterday!

It may be too late for him. Doctors, let's focus on patients with a chance.

can somebody tell me how to make regular rolled oats not be terrible? i have always had the instant oatmeal, which i KNOW is awful for me, but i ate it anyway. now i'm trying to switch to rolled oats, but unless i add a ton of sugar (in which case i might as well just eat the instant oatmeal), it's gross. what can i add that's reasonably healthy? i did peanut butter today, and it was bearable. but is there something else i could try?

I just make it with water and a little bit of salt. Tastes fine to me.

Quick question on another topic. Are you a YMCA denizen? My gym at Atherton Mill in south End closed a few months ago and I joined Metro over on Selwyn above the Mellow Mushroom. Highly recommend if you ever get fed up with the Y, which I did about 7 years ago.

Some people definitely use honey. If you like fruit on your regular milk and cereal, that's obviously the healthy way to go.

I just make it with water and a little bit of salt. Tastes fine to me.

Quick question on another topic. Are you a YMCA denizen? My gym at Atherton Mill in south End closed a few months ago and I joined Metro over on Selwyn above the Mellow Mushroom. Highly recommend if you ever get fed up with the Y, which I did about 7 years ago.

i don't think i could handle just salt. definitely needs something more for me to be able to handle it.

and i am a Y member. but i went last night for the first time in months. i only keep the membership because i'm on a family plan so it's super cheap ($25/month). every now and then i get the urge to go to a yoga or pilates class. but i have a gym in my office (free) that i usually use, and i am a member at the aquatic center too, so i mostly have my bases covered elsewhere. does metro have classes? since that's the only thing i use the Y for, i don't think i'd switch to a gym that didn't offer classes.

Also, it'll probs be an empty theater. So you can live post your responses to the movie to us on the CT.

Surely there is one closer that opens earlier.

Southpoint has 11:00 showtimes.

I'm in north Durham so I looked at Northgate. Wish I had asked earlier because Argo at 10:45 would have been perfect. Not sure if I can make Skyfall at 11, and I don't really care to see anything else playing at 11. But still this is a really great idea. Gonna do this someone soon.

Today however I think I'm just gonna find somewhere to eat and post up there. I gotta get out of this teacher's lounge.

I haven't been to my gym in months. I figure I'll use it eventually when it gets colder, but I hate running inside and I don't lift weights. Mostly because the weights are inhabited by the worst breed of people imaginable and it takes too long to get quality time while waiting on them to finish their crossfit routines.

I think it's time to expand on the celebrity doppelganger concept to include deceased historical figures.

Nah I'm laying in bed on my phone. Im pretty positive it doesn't but would feel silly if it had it all along. I doubt mine could even run a webcam though.

I'm surprised any of the ThinkPads come without webcams... I guess if it is old enough..
I always thought it was too bad they give the undergrads R-series ThinkPads... The T-series are SOooo much better - you can abuse the hell out of a T-series and it will run forever.

can somebody tell me how to make regular rolled oats not be terrible? i have always had the instant oatmeal, which i KNOW is awful for me, but i ate it anyway. now i'm trying to switch to rolled oats, but unless i add a ton of sugar (in which case i might as well just eat the instant oatmeal), it's gross. what can i add that's reasonably healthy? i did peanut butter today, and it was bearable. but is there something else i could try?

uh oh, why is instant oatmeal so bad? just added sugar? I eat a lot of instant oatmeal. I get the reduced sugar apples and cinnamon kind, and add dried cranberries. Probably way too much sugar but I'm not particularly healthy anyway so whatevs.

Anyway - dried fruit, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup...

Rolled oats are for sissies.

Tommy! How's it hanging man? Next time I'm touring through San Antonio, I'll have to stop by. I've got some killer kind bud I picked up from a Guatemalan policeman while hunting jaguar.

uh oh, why is instant oatmeal so bad? just added sugar? I eat a lot of instant oatmeal. I get the reduced sugar apples and cinnamon kind, and add dried cranberries. Probably way too much sugar but I'm not particularly healthy anyway so whatevs.

Anyway - dried fruit, cinnamon, honey, maple syrup...

As long as you don't ever eat any gluten, you should be fine.

I'm surprised any of the ThinkPads come without webcams... I guess if it is old enough..
I always thought it was too bad they give the undergrads R-series ThinkPads... The T-series are SOooo much better - you can abuse the hell out of a T-series and it will run forever.

What grad program gets T series?

I don't remember what we got as freshman (2005) but junior year we got R60s and then I got a 2nd of those in my grad program (started 2009). I think after my year they had webcams - df27s has a webcam at least.

shooter mcgavin is the best, because he's a bad dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back