• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d care to spend time and effort making pie crusts if I actually liked pie crusts. But to me they’re just the vessel for the filling and even when I do get to have a self made one it doesn’t really move the enjoyment needle.

I’d care to spend time and effort making pie crusts if I actually liked pie crusts. But to me they’re just the vessel for the filling and even when I do get to have a self made one it doesn’t really move the enjoyment needle.

you, sir, have never had a good pie crust

Maybe it’s the FL in me and my love of Key Lime Pie but I prefer a cookie crumb crust to a traditional pie crust. Now, having a homemade vs store bought regular pie crust is vastly superior but if given the choice I’m going cookie crumb.

I do love Atlantic Beach Pie too and while not technically a cookie you get the idea.

Guy who sat down next to me looks like the most stereotypical Subaru driver ever. Looks like he’s a river guide or a climbing instructor or something and is using a blue one of these as a water bottle, which is something I’ve never seen before.

41302--Brown-EZ-Cap-Bottles-Swing-Tops_1L_512x.jpg

Guy who sat down next to me looks like the most stereotypical Subaru driver ever. Looks like he’s a river guide or a climbing instructor or something and is using a blue one of these as a water bottle, which is something I’ve never seen before.
Does not compute

you, sir, have never had a good pie crust

I’ve made pie crusts before. It’s possible they really sucked and I missed a transcendent crust experience but I think it’s more likely that I really don’t care about the crust.

For Asheville Subie drivers tho

There’s an entire wall in here of stickers from outdoor brands and kayaks having from the ceilings and stuff.
Asheville has lesbians too! 😂

I get your point, tho, and I know exactly the type.

41302--Brown-EZ-Cap-Bottles-Swing-Tops_1L_512x.jpg

Maybe it’s homebrewed kombucha, to further fit the stereotype

IDK if I posted about this before (cookout and I have defs talked about it), but TikTok fed me a video captioned "POV: You hosted a #wlw meetup in your small NC mountain town" and she was talking about Asheville! No need to frame it as like some miracle that hundreds of queer people showed up at your meetup when you're in one of the most progressive cities in the state. I feel like it's either Asheville or Durham/Triangle-area with the highest per-capita % of LGBTQ+ folks in the state.

IDK if I posted about this before (cookout and I have defs talked about it), but TikTok fed me a video captioned "POV: You hosted a #wlw meetup in your small NC mountain town" and she was talking about Asheville! No need to frame it as like some miracle that hundreds of queer people showed up at your meetup when you're in one of the most progressive cities in the state. I feel like it's either Asheville or Durham/Triangle-area with the highest per-capita % of LGBTQ+ folks in the state.
if only @WRS were here to confirm

Maybe if guys like Elon Musk (quoted in the article) didn't spend so much time and money sabotaging ideas like American high speed rail it could be done more feasibly. But at least we can buy Teslas instead!
Are you familiar with the Purple Line north of DC? A 16-mile commuter rail line that is already 4.5 years behind schedule and billions in change orders. We lack competency. Every government project is just a chance for some contractor or supplier to get rich.

Anyone been to Vegas recently? Is Tacos El Gordo worthy of the hype?

I'm headed there for a conference this week and was hoping to give this place a try.

My job for a couple of years was to review charges that contractors were adding to their transportation projects and advise whether those charges should have been part of the original bid or whether they constituted a legitimate change that the contractor could not have known about prior to the project and thus a valid additional expense. The issue being, every change that was denied was money that the contractor would not get on top of the base price, and would instead come out of their bottom line, so contractors fought extremely hard for every change so they wouldn't lose any money from their profit. Every proposed change also had a percentage of profit built into it as well. The contractors would get the subcontractors to help them, because otherwise the subcontractors would have to fight with the contractor for money that the contractor didn't want to give up. So all these forces were working against the government who was trying to stay on schedule, and not trying to go over budget. Its a lose lose situation for the government, if you pay, your costs go up and if you don't, you get sued and have to fight about it in court. The government bid system is also not about who does the best work, or who is the most experienced, those come into it, but the main factor is who is the cheapest. So obviously, the cheapest bidder is going to leave things out that they then will want to add on the change orders. All this to say, I totally understand why the Federal government isn't interested in building a national high speed rail system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back