• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
never had issues with my 16 forester (other than hitting a deer) and it has survived even despite my home car maintenance.

I wish it had LED headlights and other more modern car conveniences but it’s long paid off and due to the deer is pretty much unsaleable, so I imagine I’ll have it until the kids start driving.

Love to be double rejected from a job. I have a list on my phone of all the places I've applied and I cross them off when I get the no. Went to cross this one off and it already was, turns out they first rejected me on April 8.

Yeah, I am less than a year away from having no mortgage or car payments, and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the month before my wife makes us buy a new house or car.
No mortgage?! Did you just have a shorter term 15 year loan or just paying down extra?

No mortgage?! Did you just have a shorter term 15 year loan or just paying down extra?
Yeah, Barca has it, doubled down on it and had an insanely low mortgage to begin with. I understand people's issues with Ramsey's takes and politics and what not, but the course that we took when we got married helped us immensely financially over the long term.

Yeah, Barca has it, doubled down on it and had an insanely low mortgage to begin with. I understand people's issues with Ramsey's takes and politics and what not, but the course that we took when we got married helped us immensely financially over the long term.
eh, I think there's a balance everyone has to find between risk-aversion/carrying debt and doing the mathematically optimal thing all the time, human psychology and whatnot and everyone is different

if I had a mortgage obtained in the last year with 7%+ rates I'd probably be paying extra every month too 😂

At 50, Mako is going to start retiring from 1 job every year, so by the time he is 65 he will be fully retired. You may say Dave Ramsey is why, but I think having to watch his mother work so hard into her golden years has shown him the pounding that such a life can take on a body.

At 50, Mako is going to start retiring from 1 job every year, so by the time he is 65 he will be fully retired. You may say Dave Ramsey is why, but I think having to watch his mother work so hard into her golden years has shown him the pounding that such a life can take on a body.
As Coco Chanel once said, quit one job before you leave the house each day

Here’s the lawsuit for the batteries. Apparently Subaru installed too small of batteries on certain models.

No issues with ours for the most part (‘20 Outback) and def saved our lives when we hit the bear a few years ago. I also signed up for the gold extended warranty when I bought it which basically covers any repair outside of maintenance so I feel good if issues arise.
We just gonna gloss over this, CT?! I vaguely remember it but need details again.

We just gonna gloss over this, CT?! I vaguely remember it but need details again.
I posted about it at the time. We were going to my in-laws house Christmas 2022 and about 30 mins away hit an adult black bear head on (it was foggy and dark, didn't see him until right before impact). Absolutely obliterated him, and he went under the car and out the back end. State trooper said there were guts everywhere (we pulled off at an exit). Fortunately was able to get it all repaired under insurance with just a $100 deductible.

3687C46E-8DAC-447A-837E-7550BA56E8DF.jpeg

lol I missed that recall. I replaced my battery years ago at auto zone. Too late now

I like that mako just goes off posting a bunch of NSFW #personaluse pictures of himself and doesn't use spoiler tags, but @BarcaDeac has the courtesy to do it for maybe the lightest smattering of bear blood you've gotta zoom in to see
TBH I thought there was more blood in that pic and did the spoiler title before searching for it. There was a ton as well as clumps of fur on the trunk but I didn't notice until they were putting it on the tow truck and I didn't think to take a pic

listen I'm gonna click into anything even if it's something i know i dont wanna see*, so i don't really mind either way

* this is what happens when you grew up in the tubgirl/goatse/jar/pain olympics/2girls generation, feel like nothing on the internet can really hurt me now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back