• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook is terrible for targeted ads. I was doing research to buy a knife block this past Christmas and I still get knife ads everyday 8 months later

I have a hard time finding shorts that I like, so I just bought a bunch from this one Instagram ad across different sizes/inseam lengths

I think my first IG apparel purchase

Ugggh. The thought of shoping that way and possibly having to return every single pair of shorts and checking to makle sure I get credited back stresses me out. I'd rather sit around in my boxers.

The worst is car shopping and getting emails and phone calls from every dealership in the area for 3 months.

The worst is car shopping and getting emails and phone calls from every dealership in the area for 3 months.

yeah we did TrueCar for one purchase back in '15 and one dealer said what I wanted was impossible and I needed to get more options. the dealer we bought from beat the TrueCar price and had to get the car from another dealer by trading inventory -- turns out it was the one who said it couldn't be done.

Ugggh. The thought of shoping that way and possibly having to return every single pair of shorts and checking to makle sure I get credited back stresses me out. I'd rather sit around in my boxers.

it's no-charge for seven days, but general point still stands

as an irregularly-sized person, you kinda have to do online shopping and a lot of back and forth shipping to find stuff that fits

i bought my kids an old avalon for $3k; found it on some website that now insists on emailing me repeatedly about other avalons available for sale in my area, as if i need a whole fleet of shitty 2004 toyotas

I just learned that Avalon is a mythical island from the King Arthur literature cannon

given how much I watch British TV shows, read British publications and novels, and generally try to be informed about global events, it's weird that I have absolutely no understanding of regional culture and life in England

You kinda have to go there.

Europeans generally have no idea about regional culture in the US either. They come once or twice and visit NYC, Disneyland or Disneyworld, and LA.

Just ordered McDonalds for the first time delivery. That seems especially pretentious.

just realized how homoerotic the Learn to Fly music video is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back