• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I had it was when I got dragged to a Texas Roadhouse 7-8 years ago. Unfortunately, I am supposed to eat soft foods for the next week, so all this food talk isn't helping my attitude. Anyone got some good recs for food to eat that doesn't require chewing???
Pudding!

Reused LadyYB’s used coffee grounds the other day and I didn’t notice until I had watered down coffee at work. Gross.
my wife is goddamn saint for, after I realized what I had maybe definitely done and asked "hey uh is your coffee okay," very gently responding "um it might be a little watered down maybe?"

Most of ours were in FL. Our big rival high school for debate was Niceville, another IB program. Matt Gaetz went there at the same time I was in HS and did debate so if he did policy debate there’s a 100% chance I debated him. I could never find what type he did.

And there were the NFL and CFL state tournaments in Tampa every year. We’d go to Busch Gardens after one of them.
Being in NW GA, we would get Hume Fogg and Montgomery Bell out of Nashville and Westminster and Woodward Academy out of Atlanta. Those were the heavy hitters that won all of the tournaments we went to. I think Warner Robins, Carrollton, and a couple of schools from Birmingham had good teams, too.

There was a Reddit thread yesterday about an old restaurant on Peter’s Creek called California Fresh Buffet that was apparently run by a cult, so all the employees were unpaid volunteers. The cult apparently moved its base to Winston and was called “The Human Service Alliance” but changed its name to “University for Human Goodness” then “Center for Purposeful Living”

Let’s recreate the exact moment Timmy was told his parents were divorcing. The waitress had just dropped this off and it’s sitting in front of him.

View attachment 9216
Susan, it doesn't look like Timmy's gonna finish his sundae. Do you think he didn't like it?

friendly%2527s+1982+copy.png

There was a Reddit thread yesterday about an old restaurant on Peter’s Creek called California Fresh Buffet that was apparently run by a cult, so all the employees were unpaid volunteers. The cult apparently moved its base to Winston and was called “The Human Service Alliance” but changed its name to “University for Human Goodness” then “Center for Purposeful Living”
Yep. Went there maybe once back in the late 90's I think. I think it was the same building or near what used to big a HUGE Chinese buffet.

I don't eat it often because it's obviously not very healthy, but I love country fried steak. Make it at home every now and then. With mashed potatoes and gravy. Delicious.

Friendly's was the hang out spot for most of my high school. Kind of like Cheers, but for teenagers.

Ground Round was big when I was younger.

Ponderosa was another family staple.

Yep. Went there maybe once back in the late 90's I think. I think it was the same building or near what used to big a HUGE Chinese buffet.
according to the Reddit thread there is a DriveTime car dealership there now, which is across the street from Mr Barbecue

Just absolutely unloaded on my in laws for guilt tripping my wife about her work travel and telling her she needed to “stay home and raise her kids.” Apparently I had a lot of pent up rage concerning then that I was unaware of, but it felt nice to let it out. How are you gonna call someone on the most important business trip of her life and question her dedication as a mother? Like what kind of person thinks that is ok?

Just absolutely unloaded on my in laws for guilt tripping my wife about her work travel and telling her she needed to “stay home and raise her kids.” Apparently I had a lot of pent up rage concerning then that I was unaware of, but it felt nice to let it out. How are you gonna call someone on the most important business trip of her life and question her dedication as a mother? Like what kind of person thinks that is ok?

boomers

that sucks, man. good on you for giving them the what for

let em know mako

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back