• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Must Win: Please Return to Us DeacHoops !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY got a pic!!
fsxw5.jpg

one thing that's funny is you can be fluent in Spanish and then meet a Puerto Rican fella or a Dominican fella, etc, and be like....whaaaatt language is THAT? Also with different states of Mexico, and even within different states in Mexico. Of course you can relegate to the HOLA COMO ESTA version to get by, but that's like talking amongst mentally slow fellas. You can't do conversational in their native tongue. If they want to speak normally you will pick up a word or two but otherwise no idea. Very different from our American accents across the land.

Yeah, I studied in Chile for a semester and they talk super-fast, drop a lot of syllables, use weird slang. Then I lived in Guatemala where most of the country speaks Spanish but it isn't the first language for over half he population. That's the best place for Americans to learn the language and build a foundation.

I love trying to follow Dutch with my intermediate knowledge of German.

And now OldGoldBeard has all he needs to get Nelly Furtado's current location, employer and social security number.

NICE work with the chatting this morning. could have used you jokers yesterday afternoon.

1. RTQ, he's a total donk. Good on ya for getting what you want for as long as you did, and goon on ya for speaking up about where you are now. He's a Grade A Turd for thinking that's a truly sustainable "relationship" for grown adults.
2. Church! Catholic church/mass is weird. It all feels extra punitive and that's not anything I'd want to be part of. That said, I appreciate the tradition and fanfare of certain things because I just appreciate that in general... but not for church. Also, as repped to deakhawk, I once had to excuse myself from a funeral because I started uncontrollably laughing when the priest just chugged all the wine at the end of communion.
3. Data! I like data. Need to go back and re-read those posts.
4. Robot bee reminds me of the stink bug that was on my window for days that I was convinced was dead. Finally went to remove it (because I kept seeing it out of hte corner of my eye) and as it turns out that little stinker was ALIVE THE WHOLE TIME. Probably a hidden camera.
5. Playing relationship games is super beta.

Catholic HS for 9th and first bit of 10th grade. They said you could take eucharist as long as you believed that it was the body and blood. I did it for a lil bit bc I didnt want to stand out, but then I was like f it. It was all priests, very few nuns. Was a little creepy, mostly lame.

This is my understanding as well. I've been to several Catholic and Angelican (coolest of the three names) weddings and always taken communion (or whatever they call it). I'm baptized and it is the same Christ dudes. Gimme dat bread and wine.

I do. Didn't feel good. My arm fell asleep during the process and ended up drilling the artist in the face trying to swing my arm over to get some blood flow.

I do too, it wasn't fun but wasn't super bad (but my threshold is pretty high)

wait, is this my kid's Asst. Principal (or her mil?)

this is a question for wakephan09 as he knows everyone who has ever lived in winston salem

her daughter teaches in raleigh now, i believe, and went to UNC

I do too, it wasn't fun but wasn't super bad (but my threshold is pretty high)

where are your other tattoos (i forget if you have more than one...)? how did inner arm compare to other locations?

this is a question for wakephan09 as he knows everyone who has ever lived in winston salem

her daughter teaches in raleigh now, i believe, and went to UNC

Did she have a son? My kid's asst principal is Mrs. Sciandra.

where are your other tattoos (i forget if you have more than one...)? how did inner arm compare to other locations?

Lower back, hip, arm band, foot.

It definitely hurt the worst of all of them. There are a lot of nerves really close to your skin on your inner arm.

Isn't the point of living in the south to avoid all that catholic and Jewish bullshit? The Presbos and baptists and snake handlers and evangelicals are bad enough.

When I was living there (ages 25-27) the under 30 singles dating pool of respectable people was in the single digits. I am not exaggerating.

JFC. you kind of figure out how easy it is supposed to be once you move to a bigger area, but dang

Lower back, hip, arm band, foot.

It definitely hurt the worst of all of them. There are a lot of nerves really close to your skin on your inner arm.

Hm. Ok, so far for me ribcage was the worst for similar reasons, plus it's right over the bone so every time he was on a rib it would vibrate my whole ribcage. Shudder. Inner arm is kind of where I'm looking for the next but we'll see.
I also have foot and hip; hip was like nothing, foot was not fun but it was simple and quick so not a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back