• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: My lonliness is killing me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting ready to hit austin, tx next weekend for celebration part dos with some wake friends. any must-do's brasky/phan? loose plan is to do river tubing one day, rent bikes and bike around the other day, and eat lots of mexican and bbq.

Nope. Just get super drunk, eat tacos, and wander around drunkenly on dirty sixth. You're going to have a blast.

If you're interested in actual recommendations, feel free to PM. But I doubt you'll need them!

My random memory from Copenhagen when I visited for a couple nights on Eurotour was there were way more Burger Kings and 7-11s than I expected.

About as many 7-11s as DC. But a good place to get cheap bottles of water and beer since it's open container there.

HA4WV2H.gif

dis me

PM has been gone for 1.5 weeks and this is not fun anymore. Not that it was ever particularly 'fun' with him gone, but it was at least more tolerable than this.

Where did he go? This absence isn't a surprise, is it?

PM has been gone for 1.5 weeks and this is not fun anymore. Not that it was ever particularly 'fun' with him gone, but it was at least more tolerable than this.

Are you watching the kids while he's gone?

Dude, if I could get a week and a half vacation from the wife and kids where I wasn't crazy busy at work I'd be completely recharged. I think.

Not that I don't love them.

A carbon monoxide detector went off in my apartment at like 4:30 this morning and didn't turn off til the battery died at 7

Tsy can probably confirm but apparently they only last like 5 years and ours was installed in 03 and the thing finally malfunctioned

We have 15 ft ceilings and the dude who came out to replace it (and check for CO) was so frustrated with the thing literally hammered it off the ceiling to take it down (which kinda made the entire experience worthwhile tbh)

Back to WFH in peace

CO alarms are pretty weird; if there's no immediate, obvious visible danger it 's like "ugh, this is aggravating" and you're not sure what to do. Like the one in our bedroom went off in the middle of the night when our daughter was a month old.

"maybe the battery died?"
"no, that's two chirps - this says three long beeps means CO"
"what do you want to do?"
"uh, open a window?"
"ok, sounds good"

turns out we didn't die

On the flight from Atl to Asheville last night I sat next to a couple that was coming to town as part of the prize the wife won on the Price is Right Showcase Showdown. She also got a tour around China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back