• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thing is, the issues don't really directly impact me or my department. We have some trickle down, but for the most part we are shielded. And for the leadership at the top, the survey won't change anything. Most all are hoping this person will retire in another year once they get their 5 or 6 years of highest salary for the state retirement plan.
Is there a drawback to providing honest answers to the survey, beyond the "shouting into the void" effect?

We reviewed the results of our employee survey a couple of weeks ago and it definitely helped us to both direct our strategy for the next year as well as give us some sense of how best to articulate it to the team. But I recognize at some places it's just a check-the-box sort of thing that management feels like they have to do.

I'm not terribly surprised. The people that get jobs nowadays have to be truly exceptional at all facets of the job. It's absolutely true that many, many phenomenal researchers and teachers will ultimately never get a job in academia, but my thinking is that the ones who do will make the profession more diverse and more thoughtful

Also, only thirty-five applicants is mind-blowing! I'd like to think that's a sign of a healthy field but idk. Jobs in my discipline regularly get 400-600
Says the guy who landed an academic job in the last 2 years.

Is there a drawback to providing honest answers to the survey, beyond the "shouting into the void" effect?

We reviewed the results of our employee survey a couple of weeks ago and it definitely helped us to both direct our strategy for the next year as well as give us some sense of how best to articulate it to the team. But I recognize at some places it's just a check-the-box sort of thing that management feels like they have to do.
Just the general consensus from a lot of coworkers questioning its anonymity.

I recently just deleted every email in my Gmail and I’ve been unsubscribing like crazy.

I usually delete anything older than 3 years on 1/1 every year and use all the “Happy New Year” marketing emails to unsubscribe.

Recently I’ve started searching “unsubscribe” and deleting every responsive email.

Changed up my breakfast routine this week. Been enjoying the Quaker Protein Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal this week. I've missed oatmeal!

My kids give me shit for forgetting things all the time. Fine. I just got a text from one of them telling me that he doesn’t really think I’m that forgetful, and I responded that it’s probably a bad sign that I don’t recall why he might be telling me that.

My kids give me shit for forgetting things all the time. Fine. I just got a text from one of them telling me that he doesn’t really think I’m that forgetful, and I responded that it’s probably a bad sign that I don’t recall why he might be telling me that.
I can play Wordle on my phone at the gym in the am and then on my work computer in the afternoon and it’s like a brand new game both times.

Myers Park High School kid.

I recently just deleted every email in my Gmail and I’ve been unsubscribing like crazy.
I deleted everything from like 2020 and earlier. Freed up about 12 gigs after Gmail kept telling me I was almost out of room. But now I’m just looking for emails from people about jobs.

Myers Park High School kid.

Damn, rough week for Myers Park, wasn't the girl killed in the Christ School prom car accident also from Myers Park HS?

Unroll.me has been helpful to me when it comes to efficiently unsubscribing to things. I try to use it once or twice a year to regain control of my inbox.

I don't understand how we always owe back taxes these days. We have simple withholdings, 1 kid, and very little other than W2 income. We do fine, but nowhere near the top federal income tax bracket. CPAs, assemble!

I don't understand how we always owe back taxes these days. We have simple withholdings, 1 kid, and very little other than W2 income. We do fine, but nowhere near the top federal income tax bracket. CPAs, assemble!

are you reporting your Only Fans earnings properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back