• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Smidger: RIP, internet acquaintance

Kurt had the best custom balls.

kurt.png

We lost another friend last Thursday, although he was around 50. Dropped dead of a heart attack. I went to the funeral on Tuesday and watching his wife and 8 year old daughter trying to deal with everything was just awful.

That really sucks. Still can't help but picture Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers when reading this though.

This AA card is the worst. Can I buy 2 tickets but only use points for one? How the hell I do that.

mdmh are you seeing this Twitter convo I'm having with a Trump supporter.

I don't think she's ever had a normal conversation online; she's been just absolutely horrible to me since I tweeted her proof of a news story she called fake three days ago. I've been just about as patient and genuine as I could be and I think she's a little freaked out by it.

My favorite part is where I asked her when I became her enemy and she said I wasn't worthy to be her enemy, ending her tweet with "ma'am."

When I politely said I'm a sir, she responded with "not my fault you have a feminine name!"

bwahahahahah

I wonder what it's like to live a life without the ability to admit you make mistakes?

Follow up: is extremist ideology primarily driven by a paradigm of stubbornness, a blanket policy of refusal to concede to others?

Certainly evident in conspiracy thought - the world is flat and nothing in this world can persuade me from it.

Just a trend I noticed in tweeting with this woman.

mdmh are you seeing this Twitter convo I'm having with a Trump supporter.

I don't think she's ever had a normal conversation online; she's been just absolutely horrible to me since I tweeted her proof of a news story she called fake three days ago. I've been just about as patient and genuine as I could be and I think she's a little freaked out by it.
Ill check it out

Both my bio parents were addicts, so I was very wary of drinking until I got to Wake. I never drank habitually or consistently, but I got dangerously drunk 10-15 times at Wake where I either vommed, pissed myself, should have received medical attention, or all 3. In the 6 years since Junior year i've only been seriously drunk one other time, at RSF's Fourth of July party.

I love alcohol, but really hate vomiting, so I'm pretty good at limiting how much I drink.

Back