• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Wake Forest Superheroes: No Plans For March !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm realizing that I never got a W2 for my grad school pay during January/February of last year before I graduated, and there is a LOT of temptation for me to simply not call the university to get my W2 and just not report that (relatively tiny) bit of income. Of course I should not commit tax fraud, but damn it my lazy ass wants to

As part of preparing a W-2 the employer will submit a W-3 to the IRS informing them of what they paid to you.

When the numbers don’t match it’s likely to trigger an examination that will result in a penalty.

Give them a call. Obviously, this is not legal advice.

As part of preparing a W-2 the employer will submit a W-3 to the IRS informing them of what they paid to you.

When the numbers don’t match it’s likely to trigger an examination that will result in a penalty.

So it's illegal advice?

#rimshot

What a dumb system. Employers report to the IRS what they paid you, you have to report to the IRS what you were paid. Better hope it matches!

Yeah of course I'm going to do what I can to track the W2 down. It's just annoying that I have to do this over a couple thousand dollars that had tax withholding on it already

for as long as we've all been wake fans, you'd think that we could all appreciate the virtues of getting fucked in the ass by a loved one (or, at least, an internet person)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back