• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Mornin thread. Quiet morning today but we had out to George Mason for a visit this afternoon followed by the Nats/Dodgers game. The kid and her friend didn’t really dig the GW tour yesterday, but I don’t think it was an assessment of the school as much as it was finding the tour guide/structure boring.

How are you feeling?
Not bad all things considered. I have to remind myself that I'm over 40 and just had a major surgery on my c-spine. That being said, medical technology has made the procedure and recovery much better than just 5-10 year ago.

I've not been very active, but today I'm feeling more adventurous. I plan to go back to my work from home job next Monday, and want to see my limits before then. The lifting restriction of 10lbs has been the worst for me. I know the reasons behind it, but so many things around the house and on the farm exceed it.

i'm seriously considering getting an eye-patch. I feel like Rocky from Mask

I may have to wear a full face mask if i go to the grocery store

That truly sucks. Styes are the worst. I didn't even know they could cause black eyes. I'm sure the stress of starting a new job while dealing with it probably makes it 100x worse.

Have u had time to do lots of hot/warm compresses? I was doing that every 30 minutes last time I had a stye and it went away in 1-2 days (or at least wasn't as visible).

Not bad all things considered. I have to remind myself that I'm over 40 and just had a major surgery on my c-spine. That being said, medical technology has made the procedure and recovery much better than just 5-10 year ago.

I've not been very active, but today I'm feeling more adventurous. I plan to go back to my work from home job next Monday, and want to see my limits before then. The lifting restriction of 10lbs has been the worst for me. I know the reasons behind it, but so many things around the house and on the farm exceed it.

Hang in there…and continue to stick with the plan.

I mentioned I officiated my bros wedding this weekend. So I did leave out some details.

My dad and stepmom booked a trip AFTER they had announced a date and didn’t want to cancel when they realized it coincided with their date.

My oldest brother and this brother have had kind of a silent feud for years. Nothing really specific, they just don’t like each other. So the bro that got married didn’t even invite the other one.

My mom texted oldest brother from the wedding basically just saying wish you were here because she didn’t realize he was not invited.

Last night my mom got rushed to the hospital and I’ve been texting family with updates and uninvited bro isn’t responding to anything.

bmoneyfam in absolute shambles
damn, that sucks (really just seems like your two brothers need to work it out)

also this whole time when you said you officiated bros wedding, I thought you just meant your bro as in friend, not literal brother 😂

That truly sucks. Styes are the worst. I didn't even know they could cause black eyes. I'm sure the stress of starting a new job while dealing with it probably makes it 100x worse.

Have u had time to do lots of hot/warm compresses? I was doing that every 30 minutes last time I had a stye and it went away in 1-2 days (or at least wasn't as visible).
i mean it's annoying and all. I've got a topical ointment and some drops so should clear up soon. I may use a compress this evening.
Could be worse...it's not like i had spinal surgery or hair loss. Seems stupid to complain about considering what other folks are dealing with. this is an inconvenience and wild vanity

Having to sit down to pee, amirite?!?

:troll:

For those familiar with Myrtle Beach in summer time, is there an 'ideal' time of summer to go? My FIL has a condo we can use for free and we're thinking about doing 2 weeks there next summer. We'd probably go in the later half of July or first half of August - would one of those times be better than the other?

Last edited:
For those familiar with Myrtle Beach in summer time, is there an 'ideal' time of summer to go? My FIL has a condo we can use for free and we're thinking about doing 2 weeks there next summer. We'd probably go in the later half of July or first half of August - would one of those times be better than the other?

No. It’s hot and crowded with mako-like people. Go the week before Memorial Day or the week after Labor Day.

Probably first half of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back