• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXI - Police State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went mango last time. I’d go mango falll-spring, watermelon summer.

Maybe I came across as braggy, that wasn’t my intent. I agree you’re supposed to cover conference travel costs for students. It’s just part of my normal operating procedure. It boggles my mind that some faculty/programs don’t.
Not all faculty and disciplines have grants that they can spend on students

I see I missed a lot of #profchat

I basically made my career by going to one big international conference every other year, paid for by applying to every institutional research and travel grant I could find. Then I'd stay for two or three months on friends' couches and in super cheap (but not sketchy) airbnbs. Managed to spend very little of my own (non-existent) money. The only summer I was in the red I made up the difference betting on the world cup

In addition to valuable professional colleagues, I also met a handful of close friends who now a decade later I'm still very close with. I love conferences so much but mainly because I just go to hang out and see friends who live far away

I don’t see anywhere in this Tom Brady discussion anyone talking about the fact that Gisele ain’t exactly hot these days.

I think Brady did this perfectly. Get her to leave him so he doesn’t look like the asshole and then he just upgrades dramatically next year

Oh , y’all are having a professor discussion. On yahoo news all we talkin bout these days are Tom
Brady’s divorce. Carry on

The only place I hear about things like Tom Brady's divorce is on the chat thread, so carry on.

I did read a Washington Post article today about Velma from Scooby Doo confirmed as a lesbian, but I heard it here first!

I don’t see anywhere in this Tom Brady discussion anyone talking about the fact that Gisele ain’t exactly hot these days.

I think Brady did this perfectly. Get her to leave him so he doesn’t look like the asshole and then he just upgrades dramatically next year

I haven't seen any pictures of her that aren't hot.

Not surprised that a guy moved to Tampa and got divorced. There are a lot of hot randos in Tampa.

I have a hangover this morning at the gym. Also I didn’t drink anything last night. Getting old is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back