• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ChatThreadCXVIII: the more flesh color a carrot is, the more likely it is your finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah I'm definitely not in the know with what is hot in town.

that sounds awesome if you can make a beer festival work related.

My business/website is a sponsor of the BBQ Festival (which also has booze and bluegrass) so that would be the more business efficient move. However another site we operate is catered to home brewing and they are sponsoring the microbeer festival, so I might just tag along with that Brand Manager and go to that festival. Or do both, who knows.

Of course they're as the same time as the Wake-Clemson game so I gotta prioritize I guess. Maybe I should check in with wakephan and see what's up.

That's kind of the thing with Austin, there's always something awesome to do, especially during football season. It can be a little overwhelming for newbies like myself.

Thank god the Longhorns are away this weekend, because if they weren't I'd feel obligated to go to this awesome tailgate I've been crashing. I mean its $5 for all the booze and food you can eat, plus it generally attracts all the people I know in ATX. Its crazy fun and gets you DRUNK.

To be fair to RTQ it really didn't look like the shooting was going to be a big deal. Just a couple of luggage thieves.

In my heart of hearts I hope John McClane ended up nailing that ticket agent since things obviously didn't work out with Holly.

BVHbny1CYAAZkYY.jpg

LOL at passing up either of those things to watch Wake get blown out by Clemson.

Seriously. It's been like 3 years since I based any part of my life's schedule around watching Wake sporting events, and I have never regretted it.

Seriously. It's been like 3 years since I based any part of my life's schedule around watching Wake sporting events, and I have never regretted it.

Yeah I'm probably not going to watch a down of the Wake-Klempsun game, just figured I'd mention it.

How awesome would it be to have one of those little fuckers running around your house? I guess I kind of have one now in the Peanut, but he can't climb a tree.

How awesome would it be to have one of those little fuckers running around your house? I guess I kind of have one now in the Peanut, but he can't climb a tree.

Have you seen the movie, Buddy? It would be like that, but it would end just as sadly.

I'll probs watch a bit of the game on my phone, but I'm defs not going out of my way to make sure I'm in front of a TV.

Just as I was about to make some coffee and dive into my stash of breakfast bars I discovered that our VP's assistant brought in breakfast tacos for everyone and there are like 20 in the break room.

And my VP just handed me my check. Fuck to the Yes.

breakfast taco sounds delicious. i'm salty because starbucks didn't have any blueberry scones and i didn't feel like walking two (yes, two) blocks to the next starbucks to get one.

no friday treats for me.

I will say, last night I had the Peanut on my own, as wife was out of town. I pick him up, get home, get him out of the car, and am carrying some groceries into the house from the garage, with him walking behind me. I lay the groceries down in the kitchen and he is still in the garage (it's been about 30 seconds, tops). I go into the garage to get him, and lo and behold this little dude has climbed up like the first 6 or 7 rungs on a ladder leaning against the garage wall. He was probably 5 or 6 feet in the air. I was like, "oh shit" and grabbed him immediately, averting a major disaster. Don't tell my wife or the authorities, please.

In related Brasky's-life-is-awesome news, two of my supervisors are getting married to each other in NY this weekend, so half of my office is already gone. And the other half is about to leave on Noon flights. So there is only going to be about 5 of us here in a couple hours. Definitely leaving the office by 3 today.

I also think I've talked myself into paying the $200 for Austin City Limits tickets. Think I'm gonna go to the first weekend, which starts next Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back