• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheyenne Woods earns her LPGA player's card

mebanedeac

Reaction score
Per ESPN.go.com

Cheyenne Woods, the niece of 14-time major champion Tiger Woods, earned full 2015 LPGA Tour status for the first time after finishing tied for 11th at the final stage of the LPGA Qualifying Tournament on Sunday.

"The #LPGA has always been my dream so to know all the hard work has paid off is great," Cheyenne Woods said, according to the LPGA Tour's Twitter feed.

Upon learning of his niece's success, Tiger Woods was happy for his half-brother Earl's daughter.

"That's awesome," Tiger Woods said Sunday from the Hero World Challenge. "I knew she was right there, so I can't wait to call her."

He later tweeted his congratulations:

UCLA sophomore Alison Lee and Australia's Minjee Lee shared medalist honors for the tournament at 10 under. Alison Lee turned professional after completing her round.

After shooting 79 in the second of five rounds, Cheyenne Woods' chances looked bleak. She rebounded by shooting 67-71-70 the next three days to punch her ticket to the LPGA Tour.

Woods, 24, won the 2014 Australian Ladies Masters in February, which gave her exempt status on the Ladies European Tour for two years. A year ago, she missed the cut in the LPGA Tour's qualifying tournament.

The top 20 finishers at the LPGA Qualifying Tournament earned a spot on the LPGA Tour for 2015, which will have 33 official events and a record total purse of $61.6 million.

Laetitia Beck -- who will be the first Israeli on the LPGA Tour -- and American Garrett Phillips got their tour cards after emerging in a seven-for-three-spots playoff. Karlin Beck earned the final spot after ending an 11-hole playoff Monday morning by chipping in from 75 feet for birdie. The final card came down to Beck and Stephanie Meadow of Northern Ireland.

"It was definitely the shot of my life so far," said Beck, who made it back to the tour for the third time.

ESPN.com's Bob Harig and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Congratulations.

Last edited:
Looking forward to articles that begin "Tiger Woods, the uncle of LPGA star Cheyenne Woods..."

Cheyenne could probably wipe the floor with Tiger right now.

Cheyenne tied a course record 63 today.

More days like today and Tiger will be joining the Reggie Miller club.

Oops. Forgot she was his niece not his sister. My bad.

Back