• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Going to first Cubs game saturday. Was thinking about the bleachers but if I get there around 12:45-1:00, am I going to be able to get a decent seat or will they all be taken.

Going to first Cubs game saturday. Was thinking about the bleachers but if I get there around 12:45-1:00, am I going to be able to get a decent seat or will they all be taken.

An hour/hour+ beforehand, you should be ok - it will be nice weather, people will be out, though. How many will be with you? As long as its not like 6 or something, you should be fine. Bleachers are slightly less bummy now - there is a decent amount of flaky fairweather fans that wont show up til late.

I say this, but i haven't been to a weekend game this year, so it might be different - if anyone else has, defs chime in. This is me speaking from past years. Bleachers are definitely the way to go, though.

For Tuesday's night game (7:00), we arrived at 6:00 and had no problem getting two together. If you really want a good seat, I would shoot for 90 minutes before first pitch.

This year's Cubbies can beat up on the bad teams all day long but things are tougher when Dbacks/Nats come calling.

I'm going Sunday - you can pencil the Cubs in for a win then. Fedde is going to get rocked. Not to mention we're trotting out Edwin Jackson today - this weekend is quite likely the worst 3-game rotation we've thrown all season.

A tough, disappointing loss. Maddon might want to keep this in mind. Carl Edwards has pitched in four games against the Nationals. In 3 innings he has given up 5 hits, 4 walks, 1 hbp, 2 homers and 10 earned runs. He has given up 9 earned runs in 42 innings against everyone else.

Why was Montgomery pulled? He gave up a nothing luck grounder to Harper - he's fine to get Zim, over managing the bullpen there.

The Cubs fans sitting around us were wondering why you don't bring Wade Davis in right after Harper singles in the 8th.

In either case, Cubs/Nationals should be a good NLDS in a couple months' time.

Strop has been really good recently, he would've been a better call than scuffling Edwards. Oh whale.

Only three games left against a team currently in a playoff position -- next weekend @ AZ, then that's it

Why was Montgomery pulled? He gave up a nothing luck grounder to Harper - he's fine to get Zim, over managing the bullpen there.

Square peg, round hole. He was trying to put Edwards in a position to get one or two outs to rebuild his confidence. No joke...postgame comments. I thought Montgomery was in to finish out the game and give the pen a rest. He's done that very well this season. Sometimes watching Maddon manage a bullpen is like watching a big game hunter stomping on ants while lions and elephants walk by.

A tough, disappointing loss. Maddon might want to keep this in mind. Carl Edwards has pitched in four games against the Nationals. In 3 innings he has given up 5 hits, 4 walks, 1 hbp, 2 homers and 10 earned runs. He has given up 9 earned runs in 42 innings against everyone else.

He did a fine job of blowing a comeback against the Snakes last week. He may need some Schwarber Time in Iowa.

Bad enough it looks like we lose 2 of 3 from Giants, but now Contreras pulls up lame running out a grounder. Ugh - hes definitely going on the DL.

Whatever good mojo the Cubs had after the All Star game seems gone. Losing a third straight series to go 3-6 for August is bad. Losing your best run producer since the break just adds fuel to the fire. A season of adversity continues.

If Willy is out for awhile, seeing a lot of smoke around the Cubs going after Jay Bruce. Im not sure who goes, besides Schwarbs - but thats a lot of OF depth.

Mets dumping Bruce's $4M contract.... but he was their only reliable bat left in the lineup.

Back