• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Citadel HC

SCDeac

Reaction score
Citadel to interview "name redacted" for vacant HC position. I guess they didn't feel like they were quite shitty enough before.

Probably the worst D-1 program of any of the 100+ original D-1 schools. No Citadel coach has left that program with a winning record since 1960.

some real heavy hitters at some powerhouses in the mix:

A source at the military school said The Citadel is set to interview at least four candidates for the job, including VMI coach Duggar Baucom and ex-Citadel assistant coach Doug Novak, now the head coach at Division III Bethel University in Arden Hills, Minn.

Others said to be on the list are former Air Force and Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted], now an assistant with the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies; and Jeff Krikorian, head coach at Division III Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va..

Former Citadel assistant Andy Fox, now an assistant at Tulane, has also had contact with Citadel officials. Krikorian and Baucom interviewed at The Citadel when Driesell was hired in 2010.

I hope they hire him and we play them and beat the ever loving crap out of them and when we're shaking hands at the end apologize to every member of their team and tell them it wasn't their fault.

Citadel should pull out all the stops to hire LeVelle Moton. He took NC Central from D-2 to by far the best HBCU program in the nation. Not sure he would fit the Citadel profile, but Moton gets it done on the Court.

I hope they hire him and we play them and beat the ever loving crap out of them and when we're shaking hands at the end apologize to every member of their team and tell them it wasn't their fault.

The last time we played a [Redacted] coached team it didn't work out so well.

Last edited:
They would be better off by just hiring on average HS girls JV coach from right there in Charleston.

Last edited:
Citadel should pull out all the stops to hire LeVelle Moton. He took NC Central from D-2 to by far the best HBCU program in the nation. Not sure he would fit the Citadel profile, but Moton gets it done on the Court.

Pretty sure UNC-Charlotte is targeting him.

Somebody is going to order a Code Red on his ass after about 1 week.

Kaffee: Did you burn down the basketball program?
Col. [Redacted]: I did the job I...
Kaffee: *Did you burn down the basketball program?*
Col. [Redacted]: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

Back