• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson signs 8-year contract extension

Wake Forest could always follow the Pete Gillen/Virginia model of ten year contract extensions. Many think they are still paying him and Al Groh.

We should be giving a long-term contract (for almost no money mind you) to Wes Miller. Wes has won his last 3 conference road games. We haven't won 3 conference road games this decade.

3 is also about the same number of conversations Ron Wellman has had with any Deacon Club member since 2010.

We should be giving a long-term contract (for almost no money mind you) to Wes Miller. Wes has won his last 3 conference road games. We haven't won 3 conference road games this decade.

3 is also about the same number of conversations Ron Wellman has had with any Deacon Club member since 2010.

Yet you dumbasses keep giving him money, therefore extending his reign of terror.

You are the problem.

Yet you dumbasses keep giving him money, therefore extending his reign of terror.

You are the problem.

I agree with that actually. We are the ones paying Ron's silly salary. I had enough and cut it off and others should too.

So does anyone have any details of the contract extension? Other than the bit about it being for 8 years?

I was making my way through the thread hoping more details would be posted somewhere but after about 6 pages of hot takes on how good / bad of a deal this is for Wake Forest I couldn't take it anymore.

What if our offense stays as vanilla and predictable for the next year or two? I lived through 8 years of Caldwell and I'll be damned if I'm going to watch that shit offense for 11 years. It MUST change in 2017.

He talks to the ones who matter.

He talks to the ones who matter.

Are there donors that matter and those that don't? Assuming you are saying that the top 10 or 50 donors money-wise matter more. If so, remember that these people are my clients and friends. Given that, after 20 years, I am absolutely qualified to say your statement is patently wrong. Hell, Ron Wellman barely seeks input from his own staff.

Last edited:
Then why do they keep giving him money?

Are there donors that matter and those that don't? Assuming you are saying that the top 10 or 50 donors money-wise matter more. If so, remember that these people are my clients and friends. Given that you, after 20 years, I am absolutely qualified to say your statement is patently wrong. Hell, Ron Wellman barely seeks input from his own staff.

I guess they don't matter as much as they (you) think they do.

Back