• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson QB Chad Kelly detained and booted from the team

I don't want to start a new Clemson football thread, so here you go.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ball-dabo-swinney-religious-freedom-complaint

On recruiting visits, they heard from Mr. Swinney: "I'm a Christian. If you have a problem with that, you don't have to be here."

This is admirable. If players are uncomfortable with having an outspoken Christian coach they have multiple alternatives and given the caliber of recruits at Clemson they do have many alternatives. Frankly this group is about limiting the freedom to be outwardly religious and to express your religious convictions. (And yes, I would say the same thing if Swinney were Islamic and not Christian.)

God, I can't wait until a huge recruiting scandal knocks Clemson back down the earth.

This is admirable. If players are uncomfortable with having an outspoken Christian coach they have multiple alternatives and given the caliber of recruits at Clemson they do have many alternatives. Frankly this group is about limiting the freedom to be outwardly religious and to express your religious convictions. (And yes, I would say the same thing if Swinney were Islamic and not Christian.)

What if he wasn't religious at all and constantly cursed and dropped GDs and mocked players who were religious?

Honestly, Im not trolling I'd like to know your perspective on it.

What if he wasn't religious at all and constantly cursed and dropped GDs and mocked players who were religious?

Depends if this is consistent with how he presented things would be. If he tells kids he is a Christian coach and then did that I would understand and vice-versa.

God, I can't wait until a huge recruiting scandal knocks Clemson back down the earth.

Back down to earth? Would be a short fall.....getting your ass kicked by your rival on a consistent basis, and getting obliterated at home by FSU doesn't really allow you to climb very high.

Back down to earth? Would be a short fall.....getting your ass kicked by your rival on a consistent basis, and getting obliterated at home by FSU doesn't really allow you to climb very high.

Tell that to their fans who were crying "BENCH Boyd!"

Tell that to their fans who were crying "BENCH Boyd!"

Sometimes your fanbase has dumbass inbreds who wear orange overalls. Diego isn't one of them and is pretty well reasoned.

The problem is, now South Carolina fans are starting to get obnoxious as hell.

Well if he told recruits from the start, "I hate God or the idea of God and if you believe in Him I am going to make your life miserable. Now, if you don't like that, you have other options." If he were that honest and players chose to play for him, they would know what they were getting.

Back