• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

Which plays better for TV and screaming fans behind the Gameday stage? UT or Wake? Come on, this is not rocket science.

What are you, high? UT and UF are larger football programs with more history and larger fanbases than WF. You think more people would tune in to a Clemson-Wake gameday than UF-UT? Esp considering they already did that same matchup 2 seasons ago in Winston?
I think Gameday ratings probably don’t vary that much week to week. If it was truly about ratings they wouldn’t go random places like App, Montana, etc.

Herbstreit had an instant reply saying he’s so pumped for Tennessee

It’s weird that someone here is so thrilled that Gameday chose Florida/UT. Yeah man, we all understand why. We just happen to think they’re not the two best teams playing this week. This board may be biased though.

Last edited:
Huge Sam the hit man Hartman sign

Embrace Ella Strong, Wake-ify it e.g. black and gold ‘E11a Strong’

Compare Dogecoin stock to DJ Ukulele stock: ‘DoJecoin’ photoshop

‘Venables’ with a fierce tiger picture and ‘Goodwin’ with a kitty cat picture, or do the Venables Wolverine picture meme

Maybe do something with Herbstreit’s ‘we have 6 fans’ comment, ‘Herbstreit Sucks’ should be sufficient

Oh well

Getting Sean McDonough and Todd Blackledge on the call. Does he still do Todd's Taste of the Town?

this is a potentially program-defining, career-defining game for wake, clawson, and hartman
I loved the Liberty post-game Hartman presser as he was so clearly ticked and unhappy with himself and offense. I don't think we will see a repeat. Sam going to play like his hairs on fire!

Clemson’s Bryan Bresee will be returning with a heavy heart. Fuck cancer.

Last edited:
How is this line only Clemson -7.5? I'll be rooting like hell for the Deacs, but already bought a half point and laid it on the Tigers. Expect it to go to at least -9.

I'm hoping like hell for a win, but I just don't see it. Clemson's offense is at least marginally better, while our O is marginally worse.

I can see us making it a closer game, but not one that is doubt in the 4th.

How is this line only Clemson -7.5? I'll be rooting like hell for the Deacs, but already bought a half point and laid it on the Tigers. Expect it to go to at least -9.
I mean Clemson hasn’t played anybody worth a shit yet. GT, Furman and LT. liberty and Vandy are better than all three of those.

WF fans are scarred from recent Clemson games. The betting public is not.

Clemson has played poorly this year, and the defense has not been as super-dominant as forecasted (Furman almost gained 400 yards against them, and LT threw for 311 yards last week). GT, Furman and LA Tech are all godawful, and Clemson struggled well into the 3rd quarter against all 3. Maybe Clemson flips the switch again against WF, but the Deacs have won 10 straight home games, and WF has better offensive weapons. Also, I have no doubt that WF brings its A game on Saturday, after a "meh" game against Liberty.

Not saying WF will cover, but can see how an objective handicapper would give WF a shot to cover for sure, and possibly win. If the game is close late, love that WF has Hartman, and Clemson has DJ.

Back