• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

I mean, it's not going to be easy, but we can do this.

Grobe's first game at ECU (when ECU was actually decent).

Justin Gray and the mask game.

Wake soccer beats Ohio State to win the national championship.

It is possible...
I was down there with a bunch of ECU boys. They thought they were going to blow us off the field.

Can we just receive the kick, false start every snap and hold the ball for the full game, never let their offense in the field, and in the final 2 minutes go 99.9 yards for the winning score?

Can we just receive the kick, false start every snap and hold the ball for the full game, never let their offense in the field, and in the final 2 minutes go 99.9 yards for the winning score?
That could possibly work for the first half. But I'm not sure how much clock would run.

Dean Smith posting from the afterlife. What up Dean

In my lifetime Wake Forest has only beaten Clemson 8 times (1970, 1976, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2005, 2008). We lost to them every year between 1977 and 1991. Wake Forest didn't even play Clemson in WS from 1981 until 1986. Since 1992 we have beaten them twice at Clemson (1993 and 1998 under Caldwell) and three times in WS (2003, 2005, 2008 under Grobe) And we have lost to them every year from 2009 until 2021.

We owe them. Now is the time.

I just can't see us beating them, despite how much I want us to.

Wake Forest football is so incredibly due to beat a top 10 team.

In my lifetime Wake Forest has only beaten Clemson 8 times (1970, 1976, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2005, 2008). We lost to them every year between 1977 and 1991. Wake Forest didn't even play Clemson in WS from 1981 until 1986. Since 1992 we have beaten them twice at Clemson (1993 and 1998 under Caldwell) and three times in WS (2003, 2005, 2008 under Grobe) And we have lost to them every year from 2009 until 2021.

We owe them. Now is the time.

Probably a good explainer for a lot of the (sad) negativity on here.

Meanwhile I was in attendance for three of the wins and the game we gave away in 2006, and watched on the telly as we lost three games @ Clemson we easily coulda won in 2002, 2004 and 2011, so maybe hence why I don't view them as quite the all-conquering force like some do.

Let's start a new era of competing with these guys as they slip at least a bit and we continue our ascendance

I remember being at the 1992 game. It was on Halloween and my brother and I were sitting on the bleachers that used to be on the top of Deacon Hill. When we scored the winning TD in that end zone, the whole section went crazy. We were hugging and high-five complete strangers.

I remember being at the 1992 game. It was on Halloween and my brother and I were sitting on the bleachers that used to be on the top of Deacon Hill. When we scored the winning TD in that end zone, the whole section went crazy. We were hugging and high-five complete strangers.
Fun memory indeed. I believe it was Todd Dixon with the toe touch catch for the win and trip to poulan weed eater to follow.

Fun memory indeed. I believe it was Todd Dixon with the toe touch catch for the win and trip to poulan weed eater to follow.

I have a pile-on from that game that I took when we stormed the field.

Halftime of cuse game, that did a really solid film breakdown of Hartman last week... Some mouth watering easy TDs missed. Made me feel better about tomorrow. Every play they showed our WRs were wide open... He just didn't see them, and threw into coverage. I bet Sam cleans that up tomorrow, and we connect on a few deep bombs.

Good breakdown of bad decisions by Hartman vs. Liberty during the UVa-Cuse halftime.
Am I crazy to feel better after seeing that film? If was amazing to see how badly our guys beat those DBs... I can't imagine Hartman can miss those throws after another week back and the film room.. 🙏

Fair analysis at the half. We've come a long way when pre-game analysis of a Wake game is featured.

Sam needs to play a great game tomorrow and our defense has to find some way, perhaps miraculously, to limit Shipley. IMHO, he is the difference-maker in this game. We have to keep him from explosive runs.

I watched last week on my phone while I was out doing other things, so I didn't see a lot of the replays. It looked like Hartman had a really bad game and that breakdown confirmed it. I hope he was just off last week and he'll be on this week.

He made some bad throws, but the TD passes to Banks and the big completion to Ke at midfield were huge passes that he put on the money.

Clawson talked in his press conference about Sam’s improvement in settling himself down and not letting some bad throws spiral his game like he has in the past.

I watched last week on my phone while I was out doing other things, so I didn't see a lot of the replays. It looked like Hartman had a really bad game and that breakdown confirmed it. I hope he was just off last week and he'll be on this week.

Liberty's line certainly was a factor and appeared to really bother Sam for much of the game. Some throws looked very hurried and just plain bad and other times he didn't see wide open WRs. Again, it seemed to me that their line really kept him flustered the entire game. He did seem to calm himself in the 4th quarter and appeared to be more patient. Obviously, it gets no easier tomorrow. Our OL needs to play much better than last week for sure.

Back