• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM's Shot

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Can it be fixed?

I realize some of it's nerves/confidence, but does it need completely overhauled?

a pg who can't shoot ft's is certainly a liability when trying to protect a lead late.

maybe someday that will become an issue for us

this guy still can't shoot and he's collecting them nba checks

85344440.jpg

CMM looked like our 2nd or 3rd most improved player (after Cav and/or Moto) before his injury, and as Derrick Rose is proving, basketball player need knees. I'm not writing him off just yet.

Also, moving to the 2 can completely change your shot selection. Justin Gray's worst shooting year was the year he played point guard full time for us.

What does CMM have to do with knees? Besides having two of them.

His shot is not that far off. Just needs a decent coach who will get him some make-able shots and help him gain some confidence. Form is good enough to be a solid shooter.

I really like cmm's game. I don't understand this talk of moving him off ball, he has really good pg skills. He controls the tempo of the game, is smart about when to push it in transition and when to pull back, knows how to get the ball to the right people and seems like a natural leader. Also from what I've seen, he's a solid to good mid range shooter.

2 out of 34 in ACC games from 3 point range Less than 60 percent from the line. That's putrid

I swear I read posts before he arrived at Wake that he had a really good stroke.

I saw him shoot very well in the summer league right after he enrolled at WFU. His shot looked pretty good . I was encouraged :(

His shot is not that far off. Just needs a decent coach who will get him some make-able shots and help him gain some confidence. Form is good enough to be a solid shooter.

This. It's a little flat, but so much of his shooting woes has to do with the fact that he's asked to create looks in an "offense" that lacks ball movement, perimeter shooting, capable handlers, and another guy who can create his own shot. Codi is going to look like a very different player next year, if I had to guess.

We can't put his poor shooting on Buzz. CMM needs an offense with a 3 that can stretch the court and a 1 that makes defenders collapse to defend the drive. Two guards that can't shoot still have a place but they need a system around them to succeed.

I feel sorry for the losers who signed up with buzz

"All the way to the F. B. I."

I really like cmm's game. I don't understand this talk of moving him off ball, he has really good pg skills. He controls the tempo of the game, is smart about when to push it in transition and when to pull back, knows how to get the ball to the right people and seems like a natural leader. Also from what I've seen, he's a solid to good mid range shooter.

Who plays SG next year if not CMM?

Back