• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

coach k out?

But what about the domino effect!!!!!????1111

there's a bz-like domino somewhere with our name on it, and r-dubs will find it for sure. like when you set up all the dominos in a cool formation, knock one over, watch the sweet cascade, feel the satisfaction when its done. then wellman comes in and picks a domino from the unused pile sitting in the box in the corner.

And he has been looking way shittier than usual.

The global supply of True Blood has nearly run out. That's why he keeps his little minions like Wojo close by...he'll feed and be back to full strength now that the season is over.

It's been a tough year for K. Lost his brother during the holidays. Hate to say it, but with a break, he'll probably come back strong next year

Would not surprise me if he retires, focuses on Team USA through the next Olympics and enjoys his grandchildren. He's earned it.

Certainly he has earned the right to do whatever he wants in terms of coaching or not coaching.

I think that going out with a loss would be very difficult for him; but if his health is truly poor, it might be more difficult to think about another season.

For some reason, I hope he doesn't retire.

Doubt he would announce anything before the tournament is over anyway. He would want the headline. Our job will be filled by then so its irrelevant

Good for him. Hope he gets a break for good. The up and down shitstorm that is college athletics must be miserable after decades. Just ask Jeffrey.. And he couldn't even win at anything at all.

K will choose his replacement & it will be a former player/asst.

If it were to happen tomorrow I think it's Amaker.

If it's in a few years & with reasonable success @ Northwestern, it's Collins

Wojo is plan C

For years I thought Dawkins was the golden child. Whatever happened with that?

He struggled at Stanford. I'm convinced that the job was his for sure. I think the stumbles of the K tree on their own makes it less likely that they keep it in the family.

For years I thought Dawkins was the golden child. Whatever happened with that?

Um... Well, I didn't think Dawkins was? What's your point.. Don't see any relevance. Wojo is the clear front runner.

Um... Well, I didn't think Dawkins was? What's your point.. Don't see any relevance. Wojo is the clear front runner.

Of course there is relevance. Dawkins was a long time assistant who was kicked out of the nest to get some HC experience. Wojo may be the guy but I wouldn't say he's a foregone conclusion. Wojo may sit next to K but he has no head coaching experience. Deacfreak basically laid out what I was thinking.

Dawkins was definitely the guy. To try to argue otherwise isn't really paying attention. I would be shocked if Brad Stevens isn't their first call now when the time comes.

He struggled at Stanford. I'm convinced that the job was his for sure. I think the stumbles of the K tree on their own makes it less likely that they keep it in the family.

I get the same feeling. It's going to be somebody like Jay Wright if you ask me. But that's pure speculation. And I don't think K is retiring unless he has a terminal illness.

Back