• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

I still say Tennessee is on top even though Auburn and Arkansas has better in state talent.

How are we ranking the vacancies that are currently open?

I've got....

1. Tennessee & Arky
3. Auburn
4. NCSU
5. Cal

I think it gets muddled a little with Cal, State, and Colorado......at one time Colorado was attractive enough to snag Dan Hawkins.....

Tennessee
Auburn

Arkansas & Cal

NCSU
BC
Colorado

I've got....

1. Tennessee & Arky
3. Auburn
4. NCSU
5. Cal

I think it gets muddled a little with Cal, State, and Colorado......at one time Colorado was attractive enough to snag Dan Hawkins.....

Kentucky is a decent enough gig as well (mostly because SEC, but still....)

I've got....

1. Tennessee & Arky
3. Auburn
4. NCSU
5. Cal

That's probably about right. I have no idea how Cal's facilities are but if they are even with NCSU's (i'd bet they are) then NCSU and Cal are tied at best for state. Cali has a ton of talent and Cal is a great school to sell. May flip those 2. In my mind NCSU is definitely above Colorado though, they have fallen on really tough times since their glory days.

Also, for those calling Morris to State, I don't think it happens and I think the decision will be mutual. Morris is still pretty new at this for State to take a chance on. If that ends up being not a big deal to State, I could see Morris declining. He's on the fast track right now. He stays another year or two in Clemson and he could probably land a very attractive spot back in Texas, or at least the Big XII to get closer to his roots.

Arkansas is a better gig than Auburn? Otherwise seems about right and fair point on Colorado.

I have a feeling Auburn might be getting the hammer soon, with this Memphis recruiting scandal following the Cam deal....might scare some people away.

Ellis Johnson will likely be out at Southern Miss after following Fedora's 11-2 season with a 0-12 masterpiece.

Ellis Johnson will likely be out at Southern Miss after following Fedora's 11-2 season with a 0-12 masterpiece.

That's a pretty funny tidbit I had not heard. Kind of like how Mike Leach was like 3-9 this season -- I feel like that flew under the radar.

That's a pretty funny tidbit I had not heard. Kind of like how Mike Leach was like 3-9 this season -- I feel like that flew under the radar.

He's already done better than 3 out of 4 of Paul Wuff's seasons.

247Sports saying Tennessee's list is Gruden 1st, then Jimbo Fisher, Butch Jones, Charlie Strong and Larry Fedora (in no particular order).

Oh come on. Clemson was a 3rd and 19 away from getting the ball back late in the 4th with a chance to win. I think Scar is the better team, but it wasn't some dismantling. I definitely think Scar is in Clemson's head. I don't know wtf Chad Morris was doing.....for how much heat our young patchwork defense is taking, they did alright and got stops when we needed them.....for the most part.

Either way, I expect Arky and UT to make home run hires......that leagie has the money and support to do it.

ETA - I'd also say FSU was close. They were rolling deep in the third quarter, then Manuel remembered he was Manuel. One thing is for sure, for the most part, the SEC knows how to finish.

SC beat you with a back up QB and 2 back ups at RB with Lattimore out. It wasn't pretty but they held the ball twice as long as you did and held you to your least amount of points this year.

For the poster below, I just wanted to point out how sad the ACC is compared to the SEC.

Also, for those calling Morris to State, I don't think it happens and I think the decision will be mutual. Morris is still pretty new at this for State to take a chance on. If that ends up being not a big deal to State, I could see Morris declining. He's on the fast track right now. He stays another year or two in Clemson and he could probably land a very attractive spot back in Texas, or at least the Big XII to get closer to his roots.

I think a very possible scenario is that Briles gets hired away from Baylor by Arky or Auburn and then Morris jumps at Baylor. Just a hunch but that's what my brother who is in school at Clemson is worried about. As a NCSU fan the fact that Morris was coaching HS like 3 years ago.

I hope 0. We have had enough of alums coming from the pro ranks. My wish list is Franklin (even though Yow has said he is not on the list) and Dykes.

I've been told a little about the OC at A&M and i'm all for him. Kliff Kingsbury I believe.

Kingsbury doesn't have much more of a track record than Morris. This is his 5th year as a coach and 2nd as an offensive coordinator.

He is 33 but I think he played for Leach, won a super bowl with the Pats and is now the OC at A&M while probably bringing in their stud QB. Pretty accomplished at that age and if he's qualified then I really don't care. Just know Debbie will go opposite of TOB.

Back