• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

As long as you can keep good coordinators coming in every 2-3 years when they inevitably get HC jobs, it could work. For the most part though, it seems unsustainable long-term.

Random thought this morning...

Chip and Brian Kelly are clearly NFL material, prob end up there soon. My 3rd candidate who I think would be a fabulous NFL coach? Charlie Strong.

Good move for Golden if true.

Miami has been such a disaster for the ACC. The Canes were the dominant college football program for the 10 years before joining the ACC. Now, they are deadwieght.

If FSU and Miami had anything close to the success they had in the 1990s and the early 2000s, SECs schools would be pining for ACC invites.

Cane Insider tweeted an hour ago that FSU's OC James Coley will be moving to UK this week. Doesn't make sense to me.

CANEINSIDER ‏@CANEINSIDER
FSU Coach James Coley expected to take OC position at Kentucky barring any changes as early as Sunday, if so FSU recruiting impacted in SFL
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Two options:

1) Doesn't Jimbo call plays? Hard to take an OC seriously for a head coach job if he isn't actually calling plays.

2) Forced out. FSU's offense hasn't been what it should be.

Two options:

1) Doesn't Jimbo call plays? Hard to take an OC seriously for a head coach job if he isn't actually calling plays.

2) Forced out. FSU's offense hasn't been what it should be.

I've heard that Coley would be making the move because he doesn't have enough freedom or control over the offense at FSU.

Jimbo's also a major league asshole.

I feel like schools have gotten better about leaks this go-around. Seems very quiet.

@BTNTomDienhart: A name to watch for #Purdue job is Jim Caldwell. Fits Purdue's criteria on many levels. And remember: Bill Polian is "advising" Purdue.

@BTNTomDienhart: A name to watch for #Purdue job is Jim Caldwell. Fits Purdue's criteria on many levels. And remember: Bill Polian is "advising" Purdue.

He has a million lives. His son is a great guy too. Lived on his hall freshman year.

Chip and Brian Kelly are clearly NFL material,[/QUOTE]

Why are the they clearly NFL material? The same offense the Panthers can't win with?

WRAL reports NC State hires Dave Doeren of Northern Illinois as next Head Coach.

Just scrolled across the bottom during the SEC Championship.

Back