• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach's Hot Seat Watch:SBNAtion

Yup, agree with just about everything. Funny thing is, I mean not to go all Bud Kilmer on everybody, but we lost the f'ing game.

Would I have loved for us to have won that game, you bet. Did it take a lot away from that season, no. You've probably got to have the perspective of being a long-time Wake Forest fan to appreciate it like I did, but I spent many years of my life being a Wake Forest football fan thinking the idea of watching my Deacs play in one of the major bowl games was nothing more than a pipe dream. Heck, I went from 1979 to 1992 thinking it was almost a pipe dream to think I'd see us in another bowl game.

If Grobe is on the hot seat what is [Redacted] on? Don't get me wrong, I think Grobe should be but if Wellman cans him and keeps [Redacted] around I am going to lose my mind.

If Grobe is on the hot seat what is [Redacted] on? Don't get me wrong, I think Grobe should be but if Wellman cans him and keeps [Redacted] around I am going to lose my mind.

I actually think the [Redacted] situation has made Grobe even more comfortable. If I'm Grobe I'm thinking, "I've taken one of the weakest FBS programs to a conference title, Orange Bowl, and 4 other bowl games; if [Redacted] still has a job, no way I'm losing mine."

Of course Grobe doesn't have the photos of Wellman getting it on with the secretary under the desk from their days together at Northwestern that [Redacted] must have either.

I would expect [Redacted] to debut at number 1 on pretty much every hot seat list out there. Off hand I can't think of anyone who should even be close.

Would I have loved for us to have won that game, you bet. Did it take a lot away from that season, no. You've probably got to have the perspective of being a long-time Wake Forest fan to appreciate it like I did, but I spent many years of my life being a Wake Forest football fan thinking the idea of watching my Deacs play in one of the major bowl games was nothing more than a pipe dream. Heck, I went from 1979 to 1992 thinking it was almost a pipe dream to think I'd see us in another bowl game.

no you're right here. It just annoys me that an inability to move on and deal with reality is going to seriously punish this program for a lot of future deacs. The best thing to happen to us would have been for Grobe to move on and take the Arkansas Job. Then we would have been left with a taste of victory in our mouth and a continued need to chase it, even if it meant going through 2 or 3 coaches. A standard of what we could be would have been set and we would continue to seek it. now I feel like were not chasing anything. If that's the case then find but don't spend money like we are.

SMU is a tiny, private unheard of academic school in the middle of dallas, tx, in a shit conference, with no visibility or pros in any sport attached to the program, that suffered the worst death penalty in NCAA history, and right now, i feel like they are positioned for the future better than us. That's because it appears that everyone cares and everyone is trying. I cannot say that about this program.

Honestly, this all a result of the BZ affect. BZ has been so bad that it caused the fan base to turn to the AD...then start to really analyze the AD...then get fed up with the AD's abhorrent disregard for fans ...then even start to become critical of the AD's other hires, and fires, then they looked at all his hires- even ones that typically go unnoticed like Mr. Casstevens, and today we've finally included the most heralded coach in our Athletic Department.

If B-ball were fine nobody would really care about Grobe. sure, people would be disenfranchised about maybe the offensive scheme or whatever, but there damn sure would not be a banner flying over a game or article written to cover it, and shed light on his failures.

If this continues I imagined more scorched earth policy from our fanbase which I endorse FWIW. But eventually people are going to want to know, and I mean really want to know and not just speculate how empty stadiums, lack of publicity, and a disenfranchised alumni affects MSD. Are these people (BZ Wellman Grobe...Hatch....out of touch BOT etc) actually hurting Wake Forest? At that point, if people are armed with concrete numbers and objective facts, then the aptly named firing squad will probably turn on Hatch and the BOT. just my $0.02

Last edited:
Honestly, this all a result of the BZ affect. BZ has been so bad that it caused the fan base to turn to the AD...then start to really analyze the AD...then get fed up with the AD's abhorrent disregard for fans ...then even start to become critical of the AD's other hires, and fires, then they looked at all his hires- even ones that typically go unnoticed like Mr. Casstevens, and today we've finally included the most heralded coach in our Athletic Department.

If B-ball were fine nobody would really care about Grobe. sure, people would be disenfranchised about maybe the offensive scheme or whatever, but there damn sure would not be a banner flying over a game or article written to cover it, and shed light on his failures.

If this continues I imagined more scorched earth policy from our fanbase which I endorse FWIW. But eventually people are going to want to know, and I mean really want to know and not just speculate how empty stadiums, lack of publicity, and a disenfranchised alumni affects MSD. Are these people (BZ Wellman Grobe...Hatch....out of touch BOT etc) actually hurting Wake Forest? At that point, if people are armed with concrete numbers and objective facts, then the aptly named firing squad will probably turn on Hatch and the BOT. just my $0.02

Good post!

Back