• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coastal Carolina to FBS in 2017

StrickDeac

Reaction score
Coastal Carolina is moving from the Big South Conference to the Sun Belt Conference next year in all sports but football. The football program will move from FCS to FBS in 2017.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-08-31/coastal-carolina-sun-belt-conference-football-fbs-2017-fcs?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting move for them. Now creates more of a natural rivalry with Appy State. However, this is the TENTH Carolina-based team in FBS.

Wake, UNC, NC State, Duke, ECU, App, Charlotte, USCe, Clemson, and Coastal. Seems like a lot.

Regardless, with the way things are going with our OOC schedule, I would not be surprised to see Coastal on there in the near future.

Regardless, with the way things are going with our OOC schedule, I would not be surprised to see Coastal on there in the near future.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a trip to Myrtle Beach over Labor Day weekend;)

Liberty has been looking into moving up as well

Joe Moglia was my coach as a sophomore in high school. Intense to put it mildly. One of the most interesting professional journeys you will ever hear about. From high school football coach to CEO and then chairman of TD Ameritrade with a net worth of at least $150 million.

Joe Moglia was my coach as a sophomore in high school. Intense to put it mildly. One of the most interesting professional journeys you will ever hear about. From high school football coach to CEO and then chairman of TD Ameritrade with a net worth of at least $150 million.

Head coach of Tampa Bay Lightning is very interesting as well.

How is UNC a non-ACC game in 2019 and 2021?

Even though they are not on the ACC schedule for us to play those years, we decided to play anyway. Those games won't count in the ACC standings.

Did we agree to play Army at least two out of every three years in perpetuity? I do not understand the AD's eternal love affair with this series. This "rivalry" needs to die.

Did we agree to play Army at least two out of every three years in perpetuity? I do not understand the AD's eternal love affair with this series. This "rivalry" needs to die.

Guessing you've never been to West Point nor Michie Stadium.

Back