• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Realignment Mafia- D14 loses. Sincere apologies to all players

deacon14

Reaction score
Welcome to a new world of college football! Never before has it been clearer that money, TV networks, and the most prominent conferences are in complete control of the sport. The Big Ten and the SEC have recently poached some of the biggest names in the sport from rival conferences, and they are looking to cement their dominance by killing off anyone left standing in their way. However, there is resistance to the B10/SEC mega-conference football era, as many in and around the sport prefer parity in the sport (or at least the appearance of it). There are also those that are on the fence and waiting to see which way the winds blow before picking a side in this realignment war. All in all, the current environment appears to be a group of underdogs banded together in a fight against the elites of the sport and their piles of money, and the outcome is uncertain.

Rules of this Mafia Game:

This is a closed setup game, meaning that the number and size of individual factions are unknown. Each faction wins when the win conditions of the remaining faction(s) are eliminated, which are standard win conditions. There are no restrictions on claiming an identity or a role at any point in this game.

The order of operations in this game are as follows (this is not a guarantee that all these powers are in the game setup):

Jailing
Roleblocks
Powers which affect investigations
All investigatory powers
All other miscellaneous powers
All killing powers

General rules of this game are as follows. Anything that is not explicitly listed can be assumed to be standard as to OGboards mafia games. Any questions can be directed to the mod via PM.

1.) NEVER edit a post.

2.) If you miss two votes, you die, regardless of your role. If you know you are going to be gone, or if there is a chance you might be gone, you can PM me with your desired vote ahead of time. If I receive such a PM for an upcoming day, I will announce that vote at the start of the day. Majority votes do not count as missed votes

3.) No posting at "night." I will not be tolerant of egregious night-posting and will AA you.

4.) Vote by typing a player name in BOLD or inside 3 stars in your post, e.g.: I think D14 is mafia or D14 is mafia. If you later want to change your vote, make a new post that says "switching from D14 to Mako."

5.) I will use the timestamps on this site as my official clock. Votes count through the end of the deadline minute. Timestamps of 10:00 count; timestamps of 10:01 do not.

6.) If the day’s death vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 10 minute overtime. If the tie is not broken during OT, RNG will determine who dies.

7.) Do not discuss or mention my name or the word “PM” in the thread. I will AA you. PM me if you need something.

8.) You cannot vote for yourself, and there is no such thing as an active no-vote at the conclusion of a round. You can "switch to no vote" during a round, but you must switch again submitting a name before the round ends or it will be considered a “missed vote” for purposes of elimination.

9.) Majo’s: No Majo’s with 7 or fewer players remaining. Majo’s cannot occur within the final 10 minutes of a round. If a majo does occur I will call it when I see it and a 5 minute twilight will take place. At the end of 5 minutes I will call night and the game will proceed. If I am not around and there is a majo, please police yourselves appropriately.

10.) Night moves will generally have 30 minutes after night is called to send me their moves - this may shift somewhat in a majo round. I will announce the timing of night moves in thread at the start of each night.

Deadlines on D1/D2 will be 12/4:30 Eastern. Deadlines thereafter will be 10:30/1:30/4:30 Eastern unless otherwise specified in thread.

Note on New Boards Software:

New features of this board may be of use for future mafia games, but I will not be the one to implement that. Please do not "like" any posts in this game, and please do not @ any players in this game. As an addition, I would strongly recommend each player to turn off notifications for your posts being quoted or reacted to, which can be done in the settings of your individual profile. Additionally, I would STRONGLY recommend turning off the feature that allows other posters to see when you are online or not on the boards.

Edit: Ok whatever react to posts to your hearts content. Still don't @ people tho. If a dead person reacts to posts I will hack your OGB account and delete it.

Last edited:
Player List:

1. Diggler
2. Tejas
3. Mako
4. Gooner
5. Da
6. Gouda
7. Blue
8. Creamy
9. Townie
10. Knight
11. Juice
12. Toogs
13. JTP
14. Cata
15. Ryala

Game is open! It's our first game in a while, and my first modded theme game, so please try to have fun and don't complain too much if something goes wrong.

Enjoy! I'll be around intermittently tonight. First deadline (of 2) is tomorrow at Noon Eastern. There will only be two tomorrow due to my work schedule, but following days will have three deadlines.

Back