• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Road Game/Travel Thread

Wake @ Clemson
wake @ Notre Dame
Notre Dame @ Clemson

Not sure what else

We ended up at the top of a parking deck @ Duke in 2011. We had a crew of 25+ (including many posters), and got nice and sauced despite the earlier game time. That ended up being our 12th straight win over Duke in the series.

...of course, we've dropped the last three :rulz:
Last time I made the trip to Durham for a football game, I refused to pay more than a fiver for a ticket. Going rate at the box office was $7. Instead, AceofWake and I wandered the campus fucking with shit and exploring buildings and watched a couple of quarters comfortably from outside the gates.

NYC Deacon Club has set up the ferry ride up the Hudson to West Point for the Army game. Contact them through the WFU alumni website.

NYC Deacon Club has set up the ferry ride up the Hudson to West Point for the Army game. Contact them through the WFU alumni website.

I'm going. Look for the drunkest guy on the boat.

Doing the Army trip and will definitely be at the Wake-BC game. Likely making it to Wake for HC as well although that's just a road trip for me to see a home game.

Duke game in 2011 was a blast. The cops had no idea what we were doing and we had to explain tailgating to them.

Making an inaugural trip to the Iron Bowl this year and figured the topic is broad enough to merit its own thread.

Anyone ever been to Auburn for one of these games? I plan on taking a thorough rogering on the price of admission, so I am looking for advice on reasonable, habitable lodging (Air-B&Singlewide.com isn't live yet). Any relevant (or irrelevant but amusing) advice sure to be appreciated.

head over to tiger walk before about 1 1/2 hours before kickoff which takes place on Donahue Drive, parallel(ish) to Jordan-Hare.

in college we always went to Byron's BBQ for breakfast on gamedays. expect to wait about 20 minutes for your food, but this will be the case most places. Mike n' Edd's is my favorite bbq if you're into trying out different regional bbq.

Not sure of your age but if you're < 30 Sky Bar is a must on Friday. legendary SEC bar with one of the highest concentrations of beautiful women you will ever encounter. everything will be a shit show iron bowl weekend so expect packed bars.

Campus is not that large considering the number of students so it's easy to walk and explore on gameday. Have fun, I think I'll be there for the UGA game 2 weeks prior.

head over to tiger walk before about 1 1/2 hours before kickoff which takes place on Donahue Drive, parallel(ish) to Jordan-Hare.

in college we always went to Byron's BBQ for breakfast on gamedays. expect to wait about 20 minutes for your food, but this will be the case most places. Mike n' Edd's is my favorite bbq if you're into trying out different regional bbq.

Not sure of your age but if you're < 30 Sky Bar is a must on Friday. legendary SEC bar with one of the highest concentrations of beautiful women you will ever encounter. everything will be a shit show iron bowl weekend so expect packed bars.

Campus is not that large considering the number of students so it's easy to walk and explore on gameday. Have fun, I think I'll be there for the UGA game 2 weeks prior.

Noted. My wife will love it! Too bad I'm super old; maybe I'll bring Brasky along and he can be our local correspondent. The field reports should be legendary.

Thanks for the tips, I've been to campus a few times; very fun place. I'm pumped for this one.

Back