• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins named 2nd Team All-American

"Collins joins Dickie Hemric (1954, 1955), Jackie Murdock (1957), Len Chappell (1961, 1962), Charlie Davis (1971), Skip Brown (1977), Rod Griffin (1977, 1978), Frank Johnson (1981), Rodney Rogers (1993), Randolph Childress (1995), Tim Duncan (1995, 1996, 1997), Josh Howard (2003), Chris Paul (2005), Jeff Teague (2009) and Al-Farouq Aminu (2010) on Wake Forest’s list of All-Americans."

Only 4 of the 15 Deacs on this list did not have have their jersey retired: Jackie Murdock, Frank Johnson, Jeff Teague and Al-Farouq Aminu.

If Collins comes back, this will bolster his case to get his jersey in the rafters.

does the list mean he got more votes than jackson?

2016-17 Basketball Times All-Americans
First Team
Frank Mason III, Kansas
Lonzo Ball, UCLA
Josh Hart, Villanova
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
Second Team
Dillon Brooks, Oregon
John Collins, Wake Forest
Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame
Justin Jackson, North Carolina
Monte Morris, Iowa State

Third Team
Luke Kennard, Duke
Jock Landale, Saint Mary’s
TJ Leaf, UCLA
Sindarius Thornwell, South Carolina
Nigel Williams-Goss, Gonzaga

Not the first team.

does the list mean he got more votes than jackson?

2016-17 Basketball Times All-Americans
First Team
Frank Mason III, Kansas
Lonzo Ball, UCLA
Josh Hart, Villanova
Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
Second Team
Dillon Brooks, Oregon
John Collins, Wake Forest
Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame
Justin Jackson, North Carolina
Monte Morris, Iowa State

Third Team
Luke Kennard, Duke
Jock Landale, Saint Mary’s
TJ Leaf, UCLA
Sindarius Thornwell, South Carolina
Nigel Williams-Goss, Gonzaga

I'm no linguist, but outside of first team, I think the alphabet just works like that.

Congrats JC! :dancindeac:

Crazy that no one from the ACC made 1st team.

fair enough. did not pay close attention. was just wondering if a national audience placed him above jackson.

Bye, JC. Enjoy the draft. (He gone -- as well he should be)

Congrats, JC. You're a hero.
Is it weird the projected first pick in the NBA draft didn't make it on any of the teams?

Edited to say: beat me to it, Townie.

It's weird the projected first pick couldn't win 10 games.

He belongs up in the rafters if he goes to the NBA this year. He had one of the best seasons in WF history for a big man.

It's weird the projected first pick couldn't win 10 games.

this has probably been mentioned before , but Fultz, Ben Simmons, and Dennis Smith all had great one and done years with the one little exception of winning games and making their teams better.

He belongs up in the rafters if he goes to the NBA this year. He had one of the best seasons in WF history for a big man.

I could see a situation similar to CP3 if Collins leaves this year. I mean he would have to kill it in the league for a few years to have that chance though. No question it hangs if he returns for a JR year though.

Back