• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Come Home, RJ

what a big ol' set o' balls deacdiggler is swinging. haha one guess.

We all know that RJKarl stopped posting several months ago. Since then, he has only been lurking. That is why it came as a surprise when he suddenly reappeared last night.

We paid no attention at first until other posters started mentioning that RJ contacted them specifically to say that it was not him posting. The posts in question are particularly mistake ridden, something we have seen in the past from people trying to impersonate him.

We immediately checked the IP addresses from which each post originated, and they were all identical. We then cross referenced it with known IP addresses of other users and found one match.

The match was on a post that was submitted about an hour after RJ's last. Unfortunately the IP address is through Verizon Wireless. It is not uncommon for us to see multiple associations add it appears that Verizon reuses them. The short period of time(<1hr) and physical distance between the two users makes us suspicious but we couldn't make any assumptions at that point.

Our passwords are double md5 hashed with salt and as such, are nearly impossible to touch for any but the most advanced hackers. Admins can change passwords but that would have prevented RJ from communicating by private message as he has been doing. We cannot see password due to the aforementioned encryption.

We PM'd the other poster this morning and received this response.

"One night a few weeks ago, I thought I'd try to guess his password. It literally took me one guess: godeacs. I can't imagine I would have sat there long guessing, but one guess? I laughed about it, told a couple of other people (and repped a couple of people), and then moved on. Yesterday I saw the RJ thread, was sitting in the airport bar, bored and a little drunk, and thought it would be funny to post as him. I didn't think that through all the way. Sorry for the hassle."

As a result we've decided to ban DeacDiggler. The length of the ban is currently under discussion. As a normally good and engaging poster of our community, he may be allowed back at a future date, as determined by the moderators.

bottom of page repost

As a result we've decided to ban DeacDiggler. The length of the ban is currently under discussion. As a normally good and engaging poster of our community, he may be allowed back at a future date, as determined by the moderators.

i look forward to rj's opinion concerning an appropriate punishment for deacdiggler

House-Bolton-heraldry-no-background.jpg

I really hope no one else here has a "godeacs" password

This is a board Hall of Fame day.

#FreeDiggler

I literally spewed coffee out when Diggler PM'ed me that confession this morning. I was worried some ninja type hacking had gone on.

I've achieved secure login protection with "godeacs1"

Oh snap. I could see RJ suing Diggler. He wanted to sue someone for a fake Twitter account. Lord only knows what he'll do to someone that legit hacked him. RJ I really hope godeacs isn't your online banking password too.

Back