• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Don't believe there is any fire to this smoke, but for what it's worth:

Uhhhhh - isn't that a satire site? Or account - or whatever you'd call it.

Message board geniuses is definitely satire. We've had some of our very own posters get quoted for game thread meltdowns and other hot takes.

Don't believe there is any fire to this smoke, but for what it's worth:

While I don't believe this for one second, it does make (slightly) more sense then either of them joining the SEC. If FSU and/or Clemson leave the ACC, it would be to go to the Big 12 or Big 10. The SEC schools don't need them.

There is a large disconnect from reality. Neither of those schools can afford what it would take to buy out from the ACC Grant of Rights.

Ummm.... why would they want to join a conference that doesn't win championships?!

This would help get the ACC back to a round robin home and home hoops schedule, so there's that.

At this point I don’t care if FSU leaves. I have no attachment to them. I continue to think that FSU is simply using this as an excuse for sucking. Another founding member of the conference leaving in Clemson would suck. But I’m not sure the desire to leave is as high on their side. Their success in the ACC is too good to throw away.

At this point I don’t care if FSU leaves. I have no attachment to them. I continue to think that FSU is simply using this as an excuse for sucking. Another founding member of the conference leaving in Clemson would suck. But I’m not sure the desire to leave is as high on their side. Their success in the ACC is too good to throw away.
This is completely true. I have a good friend who graduated with me at Wake who roots for FSU over his alma mater which really pisses me off and he is consistently blaming FSU being in the ACC for their lack of success the last decade.

FSU is like that pickleball (sorry tennis is out) player bitching about balls being called out but then calling anything hit close on their side out. They bitch about the ACC to get more money now that they had a somewhat decent year and then continue to bitch even when they get their way. They are insufferable and by far my least favorite institution in the ACC now

This is completely true. I have a good friend who graduated with me at Wake who roots for FSU over his alma mater which really pisses me off and he is consistently blaming FSU being in the ACC for their lack of success the last decade.

FSU is like that pickleball (sorry tennis is out) player bitching about balls being called out but then calling anything hit close on their side out. They bitch about the ACC to get more money now that they had a somewhat decent year and then continue to bitch even when they get their way. They are insufferable and by far my least favorite institution in the ACC now
And they refuse to acknowledge that they are also being destroyed by ACC schools under the same “constraints.” The only difference is that they also have a tradition and being in Florida to help them.

And they refuse to acknowledge that they are also being destroyed by ACC schools under the same “constraints.” The only difference is that they also have a tradition and being in Florida to help them.
Yeah I kinda want them to just leave and go to the SEC where getting to 6-6 will be their high water mark.

Hate rooting against ACC teams but I'm totally pulling for LSU to curb stomp them on the last weekend in August

Yeah I kinda want them to just leave and go to the SEC where getting to 6-6 will be their high water mark.

Hate rooting against ACC teams but I'm totally pulling for LSU to curb stomp them on the last weekend in August
LSU is going to blow them out. I can’t wait. The nonsense from FSU fans about the quality of their team is so out of control.

I hope they leave, they’re the worst fanbase I’ve ever dealt with.

It’d be one thing if they were 11-1 or 12-0 and left out of the CFP conversation as a result of being in the ACC but they aren’t even close.
Yep. And no 11-1 or 12-0 ACC team would be left out. I can understand an athletic department wanting more money. I really don’t understand fans wanting to change conferences so they can win less.

Yep. And no 11-1 or 12-0 ACC team would be left out. I can understand an athletic department wanting more money. I really don’t understand fans wanting to change conferences so they can win less.
Granted as a Wake fan I will likely never be in this position, but I also don’t get it from the fan perspective of losing all your rivals to go play a bunch of teams you have never had anything to do with.

LSU is going to blow them out. I can’t wait. The nonsense from FSU fans about the quality of their team is so out of control.

I hope they leave, they’re the worst fanbase I’ve ever dealt with.
FSU fans in July: we're the best team in the nation

FSU fans after the LSU game: We only lost because we didn't have SEC money

FSU fans missing the ACC Championship game end of year: But we'll definitely win the SEC

FSU fans February through August: we're the best thing to happen to your conference and we're definitely leaving by August 15.

Rinse and repeat.... Same whining every year

Back