• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I totally disagree. Lincoln was an awesome town when we played them when we fumbled the opening kickoff. Great morning tailgate, great night life afterwards. .

Cute. Now spend more than 48 hours there.

The middle part of this country is a shithole.

Has switching conferences worked out for any of the switching schools over the last 20 years? Va Tech, Miami and BC have all pretty much stunk in the ACC, Maryland and Rutgers stink in the Big Ten. TAMU and Missouri stink in the SEC. Colorado stinks wherever they go.
Ironic that fsu wants out. If they had maintained and , Miami and vt had come into the conference and maintained being the programs they were prior to acc membership the landscape would be very different. ACC might be right up there with p2.

really feels like ACC needs to do something. Maybe navy and Stanford to force nd? American College Conference? Add a few leftovers from pac 12. I read an interesting article about how adding Stanford and smu would bring in about 4.1 million per school based on current cable $. Admittedly, cable feels short term but it would also allow renegotiation of tv contract.

Last edited:
Ironic that fsu wants out. If they had maintained and , Miami and vt had come into the conference and maintained being the programs they were prior to acc membership the landscape would be very different. ACC might be right up there with p2.

really feels like ACC needs to do something. Maybe navy and Stanford to force nd? American College Conference? Add a few leftovers from pac 12. I read an interesting article about how adding Stanford and smu would bring in about 4.5 million per school based on current cable $. Admittedly, cable feels short term but it would also allow renegotiation of tv contract.

Wake has played stanford home and home before. I was at the Andrew Luck home game way back when.

It can be done.

Get Stanford and Rice and just market the hell out of being the premier academic conference who plays big time sports and who only cares about student athletes doing things the right way. We know it’s BS, but there is a lane for that.

Get Stanford and Rice and just market the hell out of being the premier academic conference who plays big time sports and who only cares about student athletes doing things the right way. We know it’s BS, but there is a lane for that.
That seems to be Phillips' lane in listening to him.

I would have laughed at the idea 5 years ago, but we're headed to a point where college football teams will have a name-only association with the school, i.e. players will not be required to attend classes (if they do now) or even enroll in school. That will
Says the guy who has to step over human feces and needles just to get into a CVS where he has to ask the cashier to take off a padlock to get a roll of toilet paper...
Boom....roasted...

Not the sexiest of moves, but if it moves the money needle enough, go get Stanford, Tulane, SMU, Rice, and Cal. Leaves the 20th slot for ND if they ever get off of the pot. Expanded footprint with pretty good road trips

It’s true, a real benefit of living in bumfuck nowheresville is that there aren’t any homeless around.

Found some Chilean Sea Bass on sale yesterday. Gave it a nice pan sear and served it up with a peach salsa and some mushroom risotto. Paired it with a nice Rose for a delicious meal.

Found some Chilean Sea Bass on sale yesterday. Gave it a nice pan sear and served it up with a peach salsa and some mushroom risotto. Paired it with a nice Rose for a delicious meal.
I brought home the Bojangles family meal to feed 12 for 10.99, then we shot off some guns for no good reason other than it was cousin matin' time!

If need be to survive as nd is playing hard to get and should be kicked out of the ACC all together, would not be opposed to adding stanford and cal to the newly minted APC (Atlantic Pacific Conference).

I mean, they are real academic schools and not glorified high schools like in the sec, for example.
The stench of Louisville gives them pause.

Back