• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Yet, the NFL and NCAA continue to hold games in Europe. Don’t blame me that you don’t want to wake up at 9am on a Sat. to watch football.

Will he take up for Wake if/when we get left from the table?! Screw him.

Get all-in the ACC, or nd go find yourself another partial home.

Yeah, Jack Swarbrick can really go fuck himself. If ND was in the ACC, the ACC would be making more money. And FSU and Clemson wouldn't be quite so unhappy, and half the schools in this conference wouldn't be at risk.

Serious whiff of either sanctimonious detachment from reality or unabashed hypocrisy at its finest

A million american-style football players are playing in Europe. Granted, not all at university, but still. Has the potential to open a whole new market.
Not only does it open new potential markets for American-style football, it may open up new markets for the media rights for European futbol. By being the early mover, the ACC would have its choice of the best brands of the British universities. Recruiting for soccer/futbol would benefit too as it gives exposure to ACC soccer programs to a European audience.

Who is watching Queen Mary University vs Virginia Tech at 7:30AM EST on a Saturday? not to mention the travel issues
Come on. Absurd
Travel issues from the East Coast to Great Britain are not much worse than travel to the West Coast.

So are people really being serious about the ACC expanding to Europe? The first eight or ten posts about it I thought were just weak attempts at humor but I’m starting to think y’all actually think it’s a good idea.

So are people really being serious about the ACC expanding to Europe? The first eight or ten posts about it I thought were just weak attempts at humor but I’m starting to think y’all actually think it’s a good idea.
i have come to the conclusion I must be getting trolled. it's the most inane thing i've ever heard

Doubt that Swarbrick or anybody in charge at ND sees Wake on the same level as Cal and Stanford. So no, Wake won't have an ally in ND when the music finally stops.

p sure Swarbrick's kid went to Wake so that may or may not inform his #tier placement of Wake

probs not tho

Back