• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Travel isn't bad considering WF wants to add Stanford and Cal to the ACC.

I would rather football play MD frequently as an ooc instead of Army. I miss the rivalry, and travel isn’t bad.
I took my family to Md for our 2006 football game. Some of the male Md fans harassed my teenage daughters in the parking lot and 3 other guys followed me into the men's room and sang the "Hey you suck" song to me while I took a piss. I asked them if I should turn around so they could get a better look at my junk.

Fuck the Terps.

I took my family to Md for our 2006 football game. Some of the male Md fans harassed my teenage daughters in the parking lot and 3 other guys followed me into the men's room and sang the "Hey you suck" song to me while I took a piss. I asked them if I should turn around so they could get a better look at my junk.

Fuck the Terps.
Well, we did beat the fuck out of them that night.

Fuck the Terps.
I was there too. Froze my ass off. Sat in the front row. Talked with Holly Rowe before the game. MD could not stop the wake run at all.

Fuck the Terps.
Both times I went there for WF football games my car was broken into in the parking lots.

Fuck the Terps.

I sat amongst them at an ACC basketball tournament back in the 90's. I had my then 10 year old niece with me as I lived in CLT at the time and she was visiting so it was something to do for the day. My company's seats were in the middle of the Maryland section.

I could take the language but I asked the guy behind me three times to please clean up the 'f-bombs' with a child present. I was promptly told to go "fuck off". It's a miserable fanbase. I even had family who lived in College Park at one time and even they hated it.

Only game I ever attended where a gun fired was because of Maryland thugs.

Right I said that in my post but I went back and checked my large, high rank undergrad and % it was lower, as well as a few comparable places. Wake is a smaller but still high ranked school so I just thought it was interesting. Theres also no Indian students here compared to other high rank schools.
Indians generally like good engineering schools.

I rode the Wake Forest bus trip there. The Md faithful threw food at the bus.

Fuck the Terps.
The Kenny Moore RB bonanza!

Every fanbase has their share of assholes. I for one wish MD was still in the ACC. Loved Lefty, Gary Williams and Fridge…original member and would gladly trade BC, Lou, Miami and Cuse to have them back. Still believe State MD was the greatest basketball game ever played.

I would rather football play MD frequently as an ooc instead of Army. I miss the rivalry, and travel isn’t bad.

Not me. Maryland is probably the least exciting Big 10 team we could play, except for Rutgers

Every fanbase has their share of assholes. I for one wish MD was still in the ACC. Loved Lefty, Gary Williams and Fridge…original member and would gladly trade BC, Lou, Miami and Cuse to have them back. Still believe State MD was the greatest basketball game ever played.

Road trips to Cole Field House are among my favorite sports memories.

The folks at Front Office Sports are predicting that the only viable way to expend their dominance in this arena is by buying one of the top dogs in live sports broadcasting.

Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives raised eyebrows this week by declaring it a “no-brainer” for Apple to acquire ESPN from The Walt Disney Co. at a potential price of $50 billion.

The tech giant made its biggest move into live sports so far with a 10-year, $2.5 billion streaming deal with Major League Soccer a year ago, and Lionel Messi makes it look like a smarter decision with every highlight-reel goal on Apple TV+.

Apple and ESPN are “the perfect fit,” Ives told CNBC. “Cupertino is looking to go after live sports content as the golden goose. I believe it’s a matter of when — not if — ESPN and Apple get together.”

So is ESPN undergoing one of those strip out as much as possible from the cost side operations? With the goal being to run super lean and look a lot more profitable for this year to get a better price? Then the new owners find out that some things that fired people did have to be done after 15-18 months, otherwise operations become dysfunctional.

How is it possible that ESPN is a golden goose and yet ESPN is firing people left and right? ESPN is already owned by one major business, Disney, who thought the same thing people are saying Apple is thinking.

How is it possible that ESPN is a golden goose and yet ESPN is firing people left and right? ESPN is already owned by one major business, Disney, who thought the same thing people are saying Apple is thinking.
My guess is a big diff. is apple has a distribution channel which virtually most of the US carries in their hand, so Apple has a way to manipulate/push folks to ESPN even more than Disney could dream of and further increase viewership/eyes to ESPN and make more profitable. If Apple buys ESPN then ESPN likely becomes a default app on your iphone in the future.

Back