• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

They never got back on track after the Cattoor injury.
Is he actually that important of a player that losing him understandably wrecks the season?

To me, looking through their statlines in non-conference games he played in, he's not even close to their best player. He only scored in double figures in 5/12 of those games, and it doesn't seem as though he does much except for score.

He plays like 90% of their SG mins and shoots 42% from 3 with a 121 offensive rating. He also helps take some of the PG pressure off Pedulla. He's a pretty big loss.

They have backup PG issues too beyond him, so I think he's more important than just what his stats say since the drop-off is massive. Even with his injury, they are 303rd in bench minutes - they don't play a deep bench at all.

He's one of the best 3 point shooters in the country. He may not be "the best" player on the team, but he's probably their most important given how he stretches the defense.

Fair enough. So the comparison is something like what would happen if we lost Monsanto (imagining that he plays even more minutes than he does). That would suck, but I still wouldn't expect our team to completely fall off a cliff like VT did.

But I do understand it more now, I didn't look at how many minutes he was playing

Louisville beats VT and shows some pep before WF.

Go Wisconsin Duke and Wake. Need Duke to crush Syracuse today but we could get 3 quad 1’s today. If we do beat Miami - the Duke Syracuse game becomes interesting for rooting interests.

I want Duke and Wisconsin to be Q1 wins as much as anybody but it's pretty obvious why they aren't. Wisconsin has lost 8 of 12 and are on the bubble themselves sitting at 7-8 in Big 10 play. Duke is 2-6 on the road this season and since January 1st is the 67th best team in the country per Torvik (20 spots worse than Wake over that same time period).

i strongly believe we need to win out regular season to get in. or have a great showing in tournament with at least 1 upset of a Q1.

I want Duke and Wisconsin to be Q1 wins as much as anybody but it's pretty obvious why they aren't. Wisconsin has lost 8 of 12 and are on the bubble themselves sitting at 7-8 in Big 10 play. Duke is 2-6 on the road this season and since January 1st is the 67th best team in the country per Torvik (20 spots worse than Wake over that same time period).
You say that and it makes logical sense. But check some of the Big 12 teams who remain Quad 1 even though they are under .500.

Back