• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Couldn't Be Happier

Most Wake fans I know, and I'm talking long time fans (I doubt we're getting new ones anyway), have started to check out. They don't even give a shit anymore. Folks, we're witnessing the dismantling of the Wake fanbase. Think about 4 years ago over on the Scout board- there were plenty of college kids on it. We've got plenty of fairly recent college age graduates on here but we don't have too many who are currently at Wake. Most of the students don't give a shit about Wake sports. Tough to blame them. I hope we can get back to where we were at in this video, but it sure feels like we're a long way away from it.

I wish you hadn't shown this. This makes me sad

Obviously your readers know the poor performance of Lobo. But I wonder if your readers know the family connection between Grobe and Lobo? It's about time the greater Wake Forest community realizes the significant role that cronyism and nepotism have played in the downfall of Wake athletics.

Good point. Everyone I tell this to is absolutely Shocked to hear this. They all feel that it is a total conflict of interest.

Wake went from selling out the Joel to having less than 5,000 and a handful of students dressed as farm animals. Really sad.

Lobo and Grobe were close before Grobe's son marriage brought Lobo into the family. Obviously you can't say Grobe's son should have fallen in love with someone whose relative didn't work with his dad. You can say that Lobo should have been fired well before it would have been an issue. It's just piling on at this point.

I know there is a relationship with Grobe and Lobo. Will you please advise what that relationship is so everybody knows?

Lobo's son and Grobe's daughter are married. (at least I'm pretty sure that is what it is)

Can't be. Grobe has two married sons- Matt and Ben. Lobo has 3 young daughters- Capri, Gia, Camille

Will someone please advise the relationship between them?

If we really want to see something accomplished, begin going after the Board of Trustees...one by one. Do you think these folk are prepared to take the heat for this mess? And who ultimately can demand that it be fixed?

I assume their names are public record.

The Board of Trustees

2010-2014
Donna A. Boswell, Winston-Salem, NC
David W. Dupree, Washington, DC
Matthew A. King, Brentwood, TN
John M. McAvoy, Charleston, SC
Kenneth D. Miller, Greensboro, NC
L. Steven Nelson, Chapel Hill, NC
Michael G. Queen, Wilmington, NC
Gerald F. Roach, Raleigh, NC
Deborah K. Rubin, Winston-Salem, NC
Mitesh B. Shah, Atlanta, GA
Cathy Wall Thomas, M.D., Chapel Hill, NC
David I. Wahrhaftig, Larchmont, NY

2011-2015
Ranlet S. Bell, Winston-Salem, NC
Shelmer D. Blackburn, Jr., Purlear, NC
Peter C. Brockway, Boca Raton, FL
Thomas A. Dingledine, Charlottesville, VA
Mary R. Farrell, Summit, NJ
Lawrence D. Hopkins, M.D., Winston-Salem, NC
John R. Lowden, Greenwich, CT
James J. Marino, Cranbury, NJ
Wade W. Murphy, Denver, CO
Ogden Phipps II, New York, NY
Harold O. Rosser, New Canaan, CT
Janice K. Story, Atlanta, GA

2012-2016
W. Louis Bissette, Jr., Asheville, NC
John I. Bitove, Jr., Toronto, ON
Jocelyn Burton, Oakland, CA
Daniel M. Delen, Winston-Salem, NC
Lisbeth Clark Evans, Winston-Salem, NC
Lelia J. Farr, St. Louis, MO
Donald E. Flow, Winston-Salem, NC
Frank B. Holding, Jr., Raleigh, NC
Albert R. Hunt, Washington, DC
Ben C. Sutton, Jr., Winston-Salem, NC
Lloyd P. Tate, Jr., Southern Pines, NC

2013-2017
Jeanne Whitman Bobbitt, Dallas, TX
Thomas W. Bunn, Kiawah Island, SC
Frederick W. Eubank, II, Charlotte, NC
Curtis C. Farmer, Dallas, TX
Kathleen Brelsford French, M.D., Great Falls, VA
James R. Helvey, III, Winston-Salem, NC
Alice Kirby Horton, Durham, NC
Andrew J. Schindler, Winston-Salem, NC
Adelaide A. Sink, Thonotosassa, FL
John M. Vann, Bristol, TN
Seth H. Waugh, North Palm Beach, FL

Student Trustee 2013-2014
Jay G. Sehgal, Pittsburgh, PA

Life Trustees:
Jerry H. Baker, Macon, NC
James L. Becton, M.D., Augusta, GA
Bert L. Bennett, Pfafftown, NC
Louise Broyhill, Winston-Salem, NC
Jan W. Calloway, Dallas, TX
C. C. Cameron, Charlotte, NC
J. Donald Cowan, Jr., Raleigh, NC
Ronald E. Deal, Hickory, NC
A. Doyle Early, Jr., High Point, NC
Victor I. Flow, Jr., Winston-Salem, NC
Marvin D. Gentry, King, NC
Murray C. Greason, Jr., Winston-Salem, NC
William B. Greene, Jr., Gray, TN
Harvey R. Holding, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Jeanette W. Hyde, Raleigh, NC
James E. Johnson, Jr., Charlotte, NC
James W. Johnston, Mooresville, NC
Petro Kulynych, Wilkesboro, NC
Donald D. Leonard, Pawleys Island, SC
Dee Hughes LeRoy, Winston-Salem, NC
William L. Marks, New Orleans, LA
Theodore R. Meredith, Vero Beach, FL
Russell W. Meyer, Jr., Wichita, KS
L. Glenn Orr, Jr., Winston-Salem, NC
Arnold D. Palmer, Orlando, FL
Frances P. Pugh, Raleigh, NC
K. Wayne Smith, Newton, NC
D. E. Ward, Jr., M.D., Lumberton, NC
James T. Williams, Jr., Greensboro, NC
Lonnie B. Williams, Wilmington, NC
J. Tylee Wilson, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Kyle A. Young, M.D., Greensboro, NC

BOARD OFFICERS Chair —Donald E. Flow
Vice Chair — Donna A. Boswell
Vice Chair — Mitesh B. Shah
Secretary — J. Reid Morgan
Assistant Secretary — Anita M. Conrad

http://www.wfu.edu/administration/trustees/

I thought you were joking here.

It's all just a hot mess in my head at this point. Fuck Wake Forest athletics right now. It just isn't something that I can support with a good conscious.

The class of 2014 is probably glad their time is almost up. I know Dingledine wishes he didn't have the extra year.

It's all just a hot mess in my head at this point. Fuck Wake Forest athletics right now. It just isn't something that I can support with a good conscious.

Your defense is impregnable.

The class of 2014 is probably glad their time is almost up. I know Dingledine wishes he didn't have the extra year.
As a 2014er myself, all I can say is that I didn't sign up for this shit. Like many of you all, one of the reasons I chose Wake was because of the great basketball tradition here. Umm yeah, about that. After the inevitable basketball debacle, I plan to write to Ron in the spring thanking him and his terrible decision-making for partially ruining my time here at Wake. I'm going to try and get other 2014ers involved too.

Last edited:
Godspeed, class of 2014. You had no idea you came to a university that had no drive to win or a plan to win.

Back