• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Χριστὸς ἀνέστη

I have seen it explained on Reddit as a way for an employer to encourage an employee to leave before they are fired, like here’s your opportunity to leave on your own terms and save us the paperwork.

Can you file for unemployment if you quit vs. getting fired? What's the incentive for the employee to stop collecting a paycheck earlier?

I guess best case they start looking for and find a job before they'd get fired.

Do PIP's ever work and cause someone to evaluate their performance and fix shit, or is the outcome inevitable every time?
According to my HR person, they often times do work, especially if someone legitimately wants to improve and is able to swallow their pride and work at it. But apparently people also often resign rather than go through the process or resign during the process when the continued feedback is that they aren't improving.

According to my HR person, they often times do work, especially if someone legitimately wants to improve and is able to swallow their pride and work at it. But apparently people also often resign rather than go through the process or resign during the process when the continued feedback is that they aren't improving.
I think the idea behind them is probably good and meant for it to be effective, but in today's day and age of layoffs I think everyone (rightfully) assumes that they will be getting laid off regardless of if they improve their performance. So why focus your effort on improving at the job you are about to get laid off from instead of focusing on finding your next job?

I had a dream last night that the part time guy who works here (who is a great salesperson but somehow still has basically no wine knowledge 6 months into the job despite me working quite a bit with them on this front) turned the shop into a Japanese sake bar one day when I wasn't here.

Dream experts of the CT, what does it all mean ?

If you want to know what working in public education is like, sometimes you get an email out of the blue about a mandatory week long summer training that takes place after the school year. This email comes about a month and a half before the mandatory training, but also well after everyone has made vacation plans. Also, in their eternal benevolence, they offer a "stipend" that breaks down hourly to less than a quarter of the federally mandated minimum wage.

This is also the same summer I'm required to take AP training. I was given the option of driving back and forth to Raleigh each day or paying for my own hotel because there's no money available for reimbursement. I also don't get mileage.

Dear OGBoards Community,

I hope this message finds you well. Over the past several months, I’ve been leading a campaign to introduce a “SUPERLIKE” feature to our beloved forum. The idea was to enhance our interactions and express our appreciation for exceptional posts and discussions. Many of you supported this initiative, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, despite our best efforts, it has become evident that we lack the necessary social and technical backing to implement this feature. As much as I’d love to see it come to fruition, I believe it’s time to gracefully conclude our campaign. Sometimes, even the most passionate endeavors must yield to practical realities.

Effective immediately, I am officially ending the “SUPERLIKE” campaign.

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who participated, shared their thoughts, and rallied behind this cause. Your enthusiasm and dedication were inspiring. While we may not have achieved our goal this time, let’s continue to foster a positive and engaging community here on OGBoards.

Thank you for being a part of this journey. Let’s keep the discussions lively, the camaraderie strong, and the spirit of OGBoards alive.

Wishing you all the best,

kory

If you want to know what working in public education is like, sometimes you get an email out of the blue about a mandatory week long summer training that takes place after the school year. This email comes about a month and a half before the mandatory training, but also well after everyone has made vacation plans. Also, in their eternal benevolence, they offer a "stipend" that breaks down hourly to less than a quarter of the federally mandated minimum wage.
As long as it’s about how not to indoctrinate our precious children I’m for it

I think LadyYB is going to stay at her current school and drop to .85 FTE. Obviously not ideal, but with retirements, transfers, etc., there are enough math classes that need to be taught that we can make it work

I think I'm just gonna quit. I've been offered a role in my wife's company on several occasions and she seems a whole lot happier and less stressed since she's gotten out of teaching. They pay for her hotels and mileage too. At some point even I hit my limit with all this bullshit.

I think I'm just gonna quit. I've been offered a role in my wife's company on several occasions and she seems a whole lot happier and less stressed since she's gotten out of teaching. They pay for her hotels and mileage too. At some point even I hit my limit with all this bullshit.
yah that's fucking wild, this is how we lose good teachers :cry:

Yeah, it’s called an expense

Back