• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT CCXLVIII: CANCEL REDSOXFANS EVERYWHERE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get behind this from a sauce perspective though. A good sauce doesn't require parmesan.

What? No. It should complement the sauce, not overpower it (unless we're talking Cacio E Pepe or something, in which case Parmesan + Pecorino basically IS the sauce). Everything in balance. You're either putting too much or using crap cheese if you feel like your sauce is losing out because of the addition of parmesan.

Good quality parm is delicious. I'd say I don't understand how someone couldn't like it, but we've got people on this board who don't like pizza, anything mayo-based, etc.

brb gonna go tell Massimo Bottura that he shouldn't serve his tortellini with a parmigiano reggiano cream since it might overpower the "better tasting shit"

What? No. It should complement the sauce, not overpower it (unless we're talking Cacio E Pepe or something, in which case Parmesan + Pecorino basically IS the sauce). Everything in balance. You're either putting too much or using crap cheese if you feel like your sauce is losing out because of the addition of parmesan.

I agree that it should compliment, but I wasn't being clear enough. What I was trying to get at is that it doesn't belong in a sauce. It should be added once plated. I was thinking specifically of like a regular red sauce.

Last edited:
I agree that it should compliment, but I wasn't being clear enough. What I was trying to get at is that it doesn't belong in a sauce. It should be added once plated. I was thinking specifically of like a regular red sauce.

Oh. That's fair. Though I think there are obvious exceptions where it does belong in the sauce (or mixed in e.g. risotto)

I like Parmesan so much that I even like the green can approximation.

Stinky, funky cheese is the greatest.

Parmesan is also elite because even lactose intolerant people can enjoy it. #inclusive (same goes for cheddar etc. if aged long enough too from what I understand)

Oh. That's fair. Though I think there are obvious exceptions where it does belong in the sauce (or mixed in e.g. risotto)

100%. If we're talking risotto or some type of parmesan cream sauce then it's all about quality cheese.

My dad used me as a party trick. Had me memorize all the states and state capitals on a placemat I ate on for pretty much every meal when I was about that same age. It worked though, because I still remember them all after many, many years of mind/body pollution. He then moved on to a world map. Remember where most all countries are, but don't remember that many capitals.

I had bedsheets as a kid (top sheet included!) With all of the states and their capitals. That has served me well for my whole life.

Manchego with red wine is a top-notch snack.

yea i was gonna say almost exactly the same thing

also i dig it on roasted brussel sprouts, over salads, in marinades, etc.

Man there was this old ep of Iron Chef America that was Battle Parmesan with Mario Batali and everything looked incredible, especially the pasta he made and tossed it with the sauce in a hollowed out wheel of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back